Energy

hstull1013
on 11/13/11 9:27 am - AZ
So this Tuesday I will be officially out 6 weeks. I can't believe how fast time flys. I think overall I am doing good. I am down about 47 lbs right now. My first short term goal was to hit 50 lbs lost by Thanksgiving so I am hoping this week and a half I can accomplish this and then some. I feel like my scale laughs at me every time I get on it and I still see those damn 3 lbs holding me back from hitting that goal but I know stalls are normal. I have been trying to work and as much as I can but I only see a pound loss here and there but I know it will get better.

My biggest complaint right now is my lack of energy. I literally have to force myself to get moving. I come home in the evening and I am completely drained as if I still were carrying around that extra 50 lbs. I wake up okay and feel fine during the day but I literally have no energy some times to do much of anything. I am wondering if it is something to do with my vitamins and I am hoping my surgeon puts me on a different regiment soon but I don't see him until the 7th of next month. Right now all he has me on is two multivitamins and calcium supplements. I asked him my last visit if I should be on B vitamins or iron and he told me not until they do my labs my next visit. I am starting to get really worried because I feel that my body is not absorbing enough energy to sustain me through the day. I almost want to just start taking B-12 prior to my labs but not sure if that would skew things. Any thoughts or opinions?

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
Sharon G.
on 11/13/11 9:50 am - maple grove, MN
Congrats on your weight loss!  I had my surgery on 9/14/11,  My Dr put me on 2 childrens Mutli Vit. with Iron (flinstone chewables) a day, 1800 of Calcium ( which I struggle with everyday) and 2 b-12 sublingual 100 mcg's a day.  I really notice when I forget to do my B-12.  No evergy at all.  Maybe you should see if you can go to the Dr. sooner.  Not good to have no energy especially with the time change and it gets dark so early.  

Good luck! And again Congrats on the weight loss!  I too want to be 50 down by Thanksgiving but would be happy with 50 by Chirstmas!  My Birthday is in January and I am Turning 50.  My motto has been 50 by 50!  I know now with this surgery I will make that a reality!  Keep up the good work!
poet_kelly
on 11/13/11 9:59 am - OH
Flintstones really, really are not adequate for us.  We can't absorb the type of vitamin A in them well at all, they have no selenium at all, no vitamin K, no potassium... I would not even give them to a child, but they are in no way adequate for us.

200 mcg B12 a day is extremely low, too.  The ASMBS says we should take at least 350-500 mcg a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 11/13/11 9:56 am - OH
Well, if you consider having a halfway decent B12 level skewing things, then yeah, taking some B12 would skew things.  I don't know why some docs recommend waiting a long time to start B12.  We cannot absorb it from food and cannot absorb it from our multi so you are getting none right now.

And what about iron?

It sounds like you're doing great with your weight loss.  I'm not sure how you consider 47 lbs gone in just six weeks "only a pound loss here and there" or think the scale is laughing at you (unless you mean it's laughing because you are losing so incredibly fast).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lanagirl
on 11/13/11 10:10 am
Could you ask for your labs to be done now so you can start taking your vitamins once your results are back?

immafatgirl
on 11/13/11 2:01 pm - KY
i dont know if this will help you or not . but my surgeon wrote me a script for b-12 shots i can give myself at home. i still stayed tired. so he suggested i try 2 shots a month . i did that this month and i can tell a major difference. fixing to go to my pcp and get more .... u cant over do b-12. if u do , u will just pee it out .
jennifer W.
on 11/13/11 10:11 pm
You may want to contact the Dr and tell them how tired you are. They may want you to come get blood work. I just recently felt like I had energy again and I am 11wks out. I've heard some people don't have energy anywhere from 6wks-3mons. If youre worried I'd call the Dr.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 60 views