Protein Coffee

mreid73030
on 11/13/11 10:28 am
I see a lot of posts about Protien coffee.  How do make that?

poet_kelly
on 11/13/11 11:06 am - OH
Put protein powder in a cup and add some room temp liquid.  I use soy milk.  You could use water, skim milk, or even room temp coffee.  Stir it really good until it makes a paste.

Pour yourself a cup of coffee, then stir that paste into the coffee. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

oxfordcat
on 11/13/11 11:32 am - NJ
As I am a newbie I just started. I hea****er and make decaf instant. Let it cool off. Add my scoop of vanilla protein powder and blend. Gets a bit frothy but I don't like the lumps when I just stir. My powder is 25g of protein so my morning us off to a good start. I only have a few sf syrups so I may add flavor. Asking Santa to bring me a variety of flavors tho.
"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
Paula F.
on 11/13/11 11:40 am - Rochester Hills , MI
I fill my travel mug with 3-4 ice cubes, pour my hot coffee over it while tapping in small amounts of my protein powder (Jay Robb Chocolate) for a mocha drink.  If I tap it in while continuously stirring, I don't have problems with it clumping.  If I recall correctly the Unjury Chocolate Splendor was the same way.  It's been awhile since I used the unjury brand though.

Enjoy you cuppa protein joe,
Paula
lanagirl
on 11/13/11 11:56 am
I find that the Unjury mixes in much better than the Nectar.

flyingwoman
on 11/13/11 12:10 pm
I mix 1/2 scoop nectar Cappuchino in a 1/4 cup of skim milk and stir it up with a fork or my aerolatte. When it is mixed well, I fill it up with fresh coffee. Love it! Drink 2 every morning.
Price S.
on 11/13/11 8:52 pm - Mills River, NC
I mix 1.5 scoop of protein powder in 1/4c of warm water.  I used 1/2 of it in a 20oz cup of decaf and have 2 each morning.  this week I am using vanilla protein and adding a little SF cinnamon vanilla syurp.  Some days I use chocolate and add SF Irish cream syurp.  Some times, just the protein.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Hillery82211
on 11/13/11 11:42 pm - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
I make a big pot of coffee 1-2 x a week and store it in the refrigerator.  Every morning I mix the following in a shaker bottle:

6oz of milk
6oz of coffee
1 scoop chocolate unjury

Remove the metal whisk and microwave for three intervals of 45sec stirring between each interval (three intervals makes it really hot so if you don't want ti pipping hot, decrease to three 30sec intervals).  Voila...hot protein coffee...and bonus...the chocolate makes it taste like a Mocha from Starbucks.  If you don't like the chocolate flavor, you can do unflavored and then add in sugar free coffee creamer and/or sugar free syrups.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??