TMI question

Sheree_L
on 10/31/11 1:33 am - AR
 OK, I had my RNY done 10/24. I am on CLEAR liquid. Which means broth, sf popsicles, SF Jello, crystal light. Those I can have 1oz every 30 mins and he wants me to drink 101oz of water a day... I can only get down 48-56oz I am trying to get to at least 64oz. 

Anyway my question is ... I have not had a BM since I left the hospital last Wed. I am passing gas. Is this something I should be worried about?? I not sure since everything that I have "eaten" is liquid. 

Thanks for your replys :)

Proud Coastie Wife and Momma of a beautiful almost 2 year old daughter.  
Not only am I doing this for MYSELF but I am doing it for them also. I love you guys!

HW: 288 (303 pregnant)  SW: 268  CW: 196 GW: 160 -170 
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/11 1:46 am - RI
NO WORRIES!!!!

Just make sure you get in your fiber daily! That will help... and trust me, your BM will come, trust me! LOL

lanagirl
on 10/31/11 1:47 am
I didn't go until I started on my protein shakes and that was about 5 days after surgery. Do you feel like you have to go? If you don't feel like you are constipated than you may just not have anything in there. Did they tell you at the hospital that your bowels were making noise? They asked me if I had gone yet and when I said no they listened to my bowels with  a stethoscope and said, "well their making noise so we know they are awake and working."

Sheree_L
on 10/31/11 2:01 am - AR
  I'm not taking anything other than my liquids and RX Prilosec (Spelling?) He said we will talk about vitimens at my first visit. He said we will also talk about adding thick soup. ( I would think protien shakes to... but I don't know)

Yes lol I can hear them make nosie. so I know they are awake :)

Not only am I doing this for MYSELF but I am doing it for them also. I love you guys!

emt_amy
on 10/31/11 2:10 am - MN
They gave me mom to drink when I got home. I drank a little and it went a LONG way. Lol you can try that if you want.

poet_kelly
on 10/31/11 2:19 am - OH
If you are only supposed to have one ounce every 30 minutes, how could you possibly get 101 ounces a day?  The day would have to be 50 hours long and you'd have to wake up every half hour!  I know this wasn't your question, but there is no reason to only have one ouce every 30 minutes.  You can drink as much as you can tolerate.

Anyway, as to your question.  Do you feel like you need to poop?  You might wanna take some Mirilax to help get things moving.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sheree_L
on 10/31/11 2:47 am - AR
 I can have unlimited water and ice all day  but the other stuff 1oz every 30 mins (I'm not following that very well) 

I don't feel I need to poop so I guess that is why I'm not really worried about it. But I thought I would ask about it. 

unewillow
on 10/31/11 2:58 am - CT
If you are passing gas and your intestines are making noise, then things are moving. Remember, most of the liquid we take in is processed by our kidneys, so as long as you are peeing, don't worry if you're not having BMs. Once you introduce things like cream soups or thicker liquids, you'll probbaly start to go. Also, don't be surprised if your BMs are liquid too until you start eating solid food again. Liquid in = liquid out.

tulips52
on 10/31/11 3:05 am
 They gave me suppositories in the hospital because they said I couldn't leave until I had a BM. (I think that policy is silly, but oh well) Good luck!

LADYBUG 75
on 10/31/11 3:32 am - Indianapolis, IN
I didn't have aBM until Thursday after my surgery the previous Friday.  Don't worry - it will come.  I also had really loose stools the next wee****il I started getting in some protein shakes.  Best of luck!
Tina

Nothing will work unless you do.-- Maya Angelou

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics