2 Wk Post Op

Godgaveus2
on 10/24/11 11:04 am - WI
Today I had my 2 week post op appt and I have to say everything so far is going quite well.  I am down 22 lbs from surgery and 43 lbs total so far.  I was actually worried that I was losing too fast, but the nurse said I am right on track.  My incisions are healing well with only minimal pain still in the biggest one.  I am doing really well getting my liquids in and doing what they expect for protein at this point.  I asked if they could release me to go back to work, so I go back on the 1st.  I am ready to get back in the swing of things.  Going to start out very slowly as not to get overwhelmed.  Anyways, I hope all my fellow sugery friends who had surgery around the same time I did are doing just as well!!
Momsnrse
on 10/24/11 11:07 am, edited 10/24/11 11:08 am - CA
I had my two week post op visit today as well. Down 18 so far since surgery. The PA couldn't believe I had surgery already because I looked so good! That was good to hear...don't want to look like I am falling apart!

I am going back to work on Wednesday the 26th, so am looking forward to that. I have loved staying home with my family, but life must go on!

Keep up the good work!
Donna D.
on 10/24/11 11:09 am - Cockeysville, MD

Congrats I am glad to hear that you are doing well!! It gives me inspiration when I hear stories of people wanting to jump back in to the swing of things. I am hoping for a surgery date real soon! Well I wish you best!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

tulips52
on 10/24/11 11:33 am
 I have my 2 wk app't on Wednesday. I don't feel like I've lost much. (I gained 9lbs after surgery and haven't weighed since) 

WoooHoooo on the weight loss girls!!!! I only hope to do as well. I returned to work this wknd and glad to get back into a normal routine. Things are going much smoother now. I can get in my protein and fluids. 

Looking forward to share with your journeys!

Sara L.
on 10/24/11 11:45 am
I am so glad you are doing well!!!  I started back to work today, and I feel great.  I have been a little more tired than usual, but luckily it's a slow day today!  Good day to come back and get into the swing of things.  
No pain for me either, aren't we lucky??  I only have 3 incisions and you can't even see the one in my belly button.  I still have bruising on my arms from the heparin shots, sort of unsightly, but not bad enough to keep me from wearing a sleeveless blouse to work.  
I'm glad I didn't wear a dress, I have flipped up my top to show my little scars 4 times today, it would have been a bit too revealing if I had worn a dress!!!
I hope you have an easy time of it going back to work.
Sara in Maui
RainDiva
on 10/24/11 11:55 am
I am also two weeks post op ok for soft food and doing great I lost 18 pounds since surgery I had turkey and low fat Swiss cheese and it was delicious congrats to all of my fellow 2 week post opers

Most Active
Recent Topics