11 Mos Labs. Would love advice

moving-on
on 10/21/11 8:47 am - Rimrock, AZ
http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/769607/album/Lab-9-7- 2011-003-jpg/

I was advised to stop taking my D3 and B12 for a few months.
My protein seems to be on the edge and I am getting 80-100 grams a day in.  I guess I may need to add a protein drink at bedtime or as my afternoon snack maybe to get those levels picked up.
The surgeon was having me retake my sodium test.  The funny thing is I like salt and put it on everything.  Kinda surprised it is low.

My calcium  I am taking 1200 a day, not including what is in my 2 muti's that I take everyday.  One in the morn and one at night.

Thanks again for any advice
Moving on to better health        
poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 9:11 am - OH
Your vitamin D and B12 are both excellent.  How much have you been taking?  I might cut back a little but I would absolutely not stop taking them altogether.  If you do that, you will absolutely end up with deficiencies.  I guess you could quit taking them altogether until you develop a deficiency and then see how long it takes to get them back up, but I really don't see the point in that.  I want to keep  my levels good.

You do need more protein.  Ideally it would be at least 7.0.

I think you need more iron, too.  Both yoru iron and ferritin are in the normal range, but on the low end of that.

Your vitamin A is also near the bottom of the normal range so I would add some of that.

Where are the rest of your labs?  Thiamin, PTH, copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dave Chambers
on 10/21/11 11:35 am - Mira Loma, CA
Had a little trouble reading your charts, but finally figured it out due to small print.  DO NOT stop taking B12 or D3. Cut back.  We don't know how much you're taking of these vitamins.  If your taking 1000mcg of B12 sublingual daily, then take one every other day.  If your using 50K IU dry D3 at 50K daily, cut back to 4-5 times a week. Ideally B12 labs should be around 1000, D at 80-90.  Vitamin deficiencies abound with post ops, and you don't need to end up deficient and play the yoyo vitamin game.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

moving-on
on 10/21/11 12:40 pm - Rimrock, AZ
Kelly and Dave
I was taking 50k IU 3 times a week from Vitalady. I am taking vitalady 60 carbonyl. Should I double it? My b-12 was 1000 a day. Should I maybe take 3 times a week? I stopped the b-12 and vit d per a recommendation from another RNY patient. She said I was toxic. Oh and I am taking Biotin daily.
My zinc was 84 cooper 124 I have never been tested for the others.
In regards to my protein, i get 80-100 a day. I guess I am going to have to add another protein drink. Do you think using an enzyme daily would help my body process my proteins better?
poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 1:29 pm - OH
You're not toxic.  Here's an interesting read about vitamin D : lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminD/

I would do the B12 at least three times a week.  And maybe cut back the D3 to two a week.

Yeah, I'd double the iron.  And you're taking it at least two hours away from your calcium right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 193 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 193 views