i've forgotten the symptoms of

Blondie76
on 10/21/11 5:52 am - AL
Lactose intoleranceafter surgery. I did a forum search but what I'm looking for isn't coming up. I made sf instant breakfast this morning with skim, half a scoop of protein, and a bit of powered milk since I added water to thin it all out. I've been miserable since I drank it!!! I'm a week out from surgery. I'd appreciate any insight or advice. Thanks!!!!
Leslie W.
on 10/21/11 6:25 am - Cobourg, Canada
gas, bloating, loose stool
Hope u feel better

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Blondie76
on 10/21/11 6:33 am - AL
I was afraid of that....guess almond milk is in my future. Thank you, Icw!!!
poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 6:44 am - OH
You might want to try soy milk instead of almond because it has a lot more protein.  Soy  milk has just slightly less protein than skim milk, while almond milk has almost none.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Blondie76
on 10/21/11 6:47 am - AL
Thanks Kelly, I would but I'm allergic to soy. That's why I hate that I think my body is rejecting milk. I hate loosing the extra protein.
poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 6:49 am - OH
Ah.  Then almond milk it is!

Or, try that Lactaid milk.  That should work if you're lactose intolerant.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Godgaveus2
on 10/21/11 7:25 am - WI
If you're only a week out, aren't you supposed to be on broth and jello? Mu surgeon said milk is banned until 4 wks post op. I have 2 to go.
Blondie76
on 10/21/11 7:30 am - AL
Kelly....thanks, I might give that a try!!

Godgaveus2.....nope, I was off clear liquids when I came home from the hospital. My Dr even suggests cream of soups made with milk. I don't care for the soup but enjoy my protein drinks...up until today!
Loveshinesthru
on 10/21/11 7:29 am - Mesa, AZ
 mine never said milk is out.  in fact they seem to encourage milk drinking, 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Bucketta
on 10/21/11 7:37 am
 My doctor didn't recommend sf instant breakfast, at all, said just not enough protein, but they did bring it to me in the hospital.  Funny how doctors don't want you to have something yet they send it to you on your tray in the hospital. 

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 68 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views