One week Post Op

Godgaveus2
on 10/17/11 12:26 pm - WI
I am officially one week post op and have to say it's been quite a ride.  Lots of pain at first, the jello and broth sucked and yesterday a visit to the ER because I had a heavily leaking incision with sever sharp pains.  They did a CT can and determined everything internally was good, just a seroma (pus pocket) on the inside of incision.  Today, I seen the surgeon's asst and was cleared for soft foods.  She also packed my wound and said it would eventually heal.  This afternoon all of sudden I was in extreme pain, doubling over a chair in the kitchen and of course I am the only one home with my two young sons, I quick ran to the bathroom and ripped off my bandage and pulled out the bandage she had stuck in my wound and it was immediate relief!  Needless to say I am no longer "packing" the wound, I just put a bandage over it and I have been fine since.  All in all, I am feeling pretty good, am able to get in between 48 and 64 oz of water in and walking a little further everyday.  I hope and pray each day will get a little better.  On a happy note, I was down 13lbs today!!  Not too bad for only on week out.  Hope everyone else who had recent surgery is doing well.  Take care everyone!

Amy
SweetLilyAnn
on 10/17/11 12:57 pm - TX
You are doing Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets better and 13 lbs...Wow!!

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

axlebart2
on 10/17/11 1:09 pm - CA
Glad things are better and pain has stepped aside..however I have to ask because I read alot about "packing the wound"!! Does this means that the RNY operation was not done Arthroscopic?
Mine was scoped and I had 5 -3/4"incision (that were steri strips and stitches under those) that appear well healed except the under skin is still tender and 1 has a walnut sized bump (i think its a hernia? doc said "not"!).
Gina1013
on 10/17/11 2:35 pm - Canton, OH
 Hi Amy..I am so jealous.....you have a way more lenient post-op eating plan!! I do not have soft foods until day 29!! I am looking forward to startng the purees on day 17!

I was reading your post and saw that you took the packing out...
I am not a medical professional, but it it my understanding that the packing's purpose is to help the wound heal from the inside out, and get the infection out. You may want to let your Dr. know that you removed the packing. 

Glad that you are doing well otherwise!

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

Most Active
Recent Topics