Can't believe it happened already!

Godgaveus2
on 10/17/11 1:00 pm - WI
So today I went to the grocery store where I work for the first time since sugery and I was with my friend who is 6 wks post RNY.  As we were shopping a fellow coworker happened to see me and says in a very loud and excited voice, " Amy, how are you doing, how much have you lost"!!????  My friend and I were both stunned and yes I told her and then we were quickly on our way.  I know I will be asked this a zillion times over, but I was not expecting it the first week.  I definitely will be taking this one aside and teaching her a little WLS ettiquette!
dori M.
on 10/17/11 2:32 pm - MD
You should have asked her how much she gained? lol

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 3:25 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, I had to ask a close friend NOT to tell every waitress we ordered from that I had had wls surgery. It's nobody's business but our own.

Still, it's nice that she noticed!!
rebeccaj
on 10/17/11 9:57 pm - Bowling Green, KY
 That is one reason I wanted to keep my surgery quiet... not a secret, but I didn't want everybody under the sun asking me "How much have you lost" every time they saw/talked to me.  Now when I am asked,  I just say, "I try not to get on the scales too often" and just leave it at that!   People are just curious and not always respectful of our privacy:)  Good luck and happy losing.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics