I'm home and in major pain!

Godgaveus2
on 10/12/11 12:20 pm - WI
Hey everyone, I got home from the hospital today.  While it's good to be home, I am in major pain!  I could never have prepared myself for this much pain.  The pain meds help a little, but seem to wear off quickly.  Thank you to everyone for your prayers and nice words. It helped going in knowing I have such a great support team here.  Surgery itself went really well, doc said I did a great job shrinking my liver.  I am doing really well getting my liquids in.  The pain is my only complaint so far.  I pray for better days to come.
shannon0731
on 10/12/11 12:27 pm - LA
Oh I am praying for you too!! I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain.  If I may ask, did they do it laproscopically? I had both my RNY and my hysterectomy (done last year) laproscopically and I was in very little pain for both--more pain for the hysterectomy than for the RNY. 

Hugs to you--hope you feel better soon.

Shannon
I'm Ready!

poet_kelly
on 10/12/11 12:34 pm - OH
I'm glad to hear you're home.  If the pain meds seem to be wearing off too fast, give your surgeon's office a call in the morning.  They could call in a prescription for something different for you.  Hopefully you'll be feeling better in a few days, but you do need medication that will keep the pain level managable because if you're in terrible pain you won't be able to walk enough or get enough rest or stuff like that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mike P.
on 10/12/11 12:57 pm - WI

Im going on 4 weeks post op.  I thought I was going to die in the hospital, it hurt so bad and the pain meds wearing off after 2-3 hours and god forbid you get more before the 4 hour mark.  Came home, I'll admit, it took my pain meds every 3 hours....but guess what....after a couple of days, the pain just went away, it was such an amazing relief, it really seemed the trick was the more the walked, the better the felt....the more I stayed in bed, the more I hurt. I never even finished 1/2 the pain meds, didnt really need them after 3-4 days after being home....hang in there, trust me, Im the biggest baby when it comes to pain, but it does get better!

Mike P.
on 10/12/11 12:59 pm - WI
I meant to say the more I walked the better I felt! haha, sorry for the typo.

YankeeRose
on 10/12/11 1:05 pm - Meadville, PA
I agree with Mike. The walking helps and the pain subsides within a few days. i still have half of my liquid Roxicet left over from my surgery. I think the gas pain was worse than the actual surgery pain except for the soreness from the bruising. Maybe that's because i had an open abdominal surgery a couple years ago and I was in incredible pain with that surgery. But anyways, I hope you  feel better soon. Hang in there, it gets better.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

~*K J*~
on 10/12/11 1:08 pm - MD
I am sorry you are in pain. I def agree with Kelly. Call your surgeon. Hope you feel better soon.
 ~*KJ* HW 330 Day of Sugery 320

Adrienne G.
on 10/12/11 1:25 pm - Germantown, MD
Hope you are feeling better if not please call your surgeon!!!  I'm 6 days post op and I had 2 home visits from a nurse and my doctor called today to check on me and SPECIFICALLY asked about pain.  I've been off the oxycodone since Sunday

Best wishes!

Adrienne
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

Sexyred
on 10/13/11 1:21 am - Memphis , TN
Hope you feel better. I had surgery on the 10th as well. And have have had no pain. I let them keep me doped up while in the hospital whether I needed or not. I was sitting up the first day and walking. I've been amazed at how less pain I have felt. I dont like this drain but overall. So good , so far. No problem with proteins or water either...YAY!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views