New to the group!

erikapoindexter
on 10/4/11 2:30 am - VA
Hello everyone!  This is my first post to this group.  I was on this site a number of years ago, as I planned for and had my initial surgery.  I did really well after my surgery and lost over 200lbs, and had 2 reconstructive surgeries.  Life has been great, too great I suppose, and old habits snuck back a bit.

As a result, I am back here, getting back to the basics of what helped me be successful in past years.  It is hard to believe that my surgery was 7 years ago! 

About two weeks ago, I got back to the right things, water, exercise and high protein.  I came back to this site to find accountibility and motivation.  I look forward to meeting many of you and feel confident that I will lose this pesky 20lbs or so!

:)
Erika
Pholaris
on 10/4/11 2:32 am
Hi Erika, welcome back. It is always good to hear from someone so far out. I am sure you can get back to the weight you want to be at!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
eunicemaythompson1

on 10/4/11 2:42 am - WA
welcome back
xopammi
on 10/4/11 2:58 am - VA
Hi Erika,

Welcome back, wow 200lbs what an accomplishment!!!  Look forward to getting to know you.

Pam
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 3:01 am - RI
WELCOME BACK ERIKA! 

Hopefully you can bring lots of insight to this board.

- Kaila
Zombie
on 10/4/11 3:19 am
Welcome back. I guess old habits die hard. You will get plenty of support here and a lot of info. Good luck.

~Paul~

Kat Kat
on 10/4/11 3:26 am - AZ
Welcome Back Erica!

For a second I was terrified reading your post, thinking you gained most of he 200 lbs back. Whew, glad to hear it's 20 instead. I'm sure it might as well be 200 to you though. What an inspiration you'll be to us with 7 years of experience. I hope we can inspire you too to reach your goal. Anyway, I'm glad you're here to link arms with us as we all take this journey together.

Kat

cajungirl
on 10/4/11 4:48 am
Welcome back, Erika.  Be kind to yourself, you'll lose those 20 lbs.  It may be slower but it's definitely doable.  Glad you came back to OH now instead of waiting, I find that so many dealing with regain wait or never comeback because of fear and/or feeling like a failure.  No one is a failure IMO until you (general) quit trying.

Again, welcome back you've done amazingly well for 7 years.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

erikapoindexter
on 10/4/11 5:09 am - VA
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the information!  I am really glad I came back!  I think after I lost the weight intially, it was easy to pretend I was 'normal' and slip into not taking care of myself as much.  And, to be honest, I tested my limits and introduced foods back that I shouldn't have!  Oh well, it's never to late to change back!  I'm just glad it is 20lbs, and not more!

I went on a wonderful 6 mile walk during lunch with some coworkers and am feeling great!

Erika
Starting weight, 379lbs
Current weight, 175lbs, lowest weight 155lbs

Gastric Bypass: January 4, 2004
Lower body lift: January 2005
Arm and Breast Life: October 2005
tulips52
on 10/4/11 6:26 am
 Hi Erika,

Welcome back! I know you will be successful at getting those pesky pounds off! lol You bring much inspiration with you. Congrats on losing over 200lbs!!!! WOW!!!! You sure give me hope!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 494 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 562 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 551 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 195 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 274 views
Recent Topics