Choc/mint protein shake - Delicious!!!!

Godgaveus2
on 10/1/11 11:51 am - WI
I think I have just made my best protein shake yet!  As some of you may know I am addicted to protein shakes.  I make a different one every day, but I think this may be the winner. 

Choc/mint protein shake
 8 oz skim
 1 scoop vanilla protein powder/ I use Pure Protein
 1 capful mint extract / I use Watkins (walmarta)
 A dribble of SF Torani choc syrup
 1 Pkt stevia sweetener
 2 ice cubes
 A drop of green food color

Blend till smooth and enjoy! Tastes just like mint/ choc chip ice cream.  I think next tiime I will buy some SF choc or SF Andes mints and blend those with it.

P.S. Anyone looking for different ways to flavor your shakes, Walmart now carries the Watkins brand extracts.  Careful as a little goes a long way.  Many different ones to choose from.  I think I may have to buy peanut butter next time.
YankeeRose
on 10/1/11 11:55 am - Meadville, PA
That sounds delicious! Do the extracts have any sugar in them? Can you share some of your other shake recipes?

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

ktharp89
on 10/1/11 12:22 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
 Thanks I will have to look for the extract!
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Kristi N.
on 10/1/11 12:24 pm - NC
That sounds so yummy! I was looking at the extracts the other day and was wondering if they were ok because of the sugar alcohol content...I hate that dumping feeling and didnt want to chance it. But I am definitely going to try this!
HW 244lbs SW 232lbs CW 148lbs GW 125-130lbs                     
Godgaveus2
on 10/1/11 12:34 pm - WI
First of all, remember I am still preop so haven't experienced the wonderful dumping syndrome yet. I am reading the box and ingredients are as follow; alcohol (85%) water, oil of spearmint, and oil of peppermint. The alcohol thing surprises me, but how much could really be in a capful??
Paula F.
on 10/1/11 1:58 pm - Rochester Hills , MI

If I am not mistaken, I believe most extracts, vanilla included, are distilled in alcohol.  But, you are right, in the small amounts used, the alcohol shouldn't be a problem.

hlacy
on 10/1/11 12:48 pm - Chandler, AZ
I bet this would be good with chocolate protein powder to sub for the vanilla and the Torani. Great recipe for the upcoming holidays!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Most Active
Recent Topics