Protica protein supplements anyone?

Liz J.
on 9/29/11 8:58 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Has anyone tried this comapany? http://www.protica.com/products.htm [Its from an advertisment on this board]
steve D.
on 9/29/11 10:39 pm - West Fargo, ND
What type of protien is it?  If it is the shots, they, in my opinion are not worth the gunpowder it would take to blow them to hell.  They are mostly collagen protein which does not have the amino acids we need. 

Most of what I see in the shots is not for us.

Steve

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/29/11 11:27 pm - OH
Run away, run away!  It is collagen protein (an inferior form of protein in the first place) that doesn't have all the necessary amino acids to allow your body to even absorb the crappy protein.  A complete waste of money (not to mention that you will THINK you are getting protein that you are NOT)...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Susan_U
on 9/30/11 6:46 am - Ontario, CA
I was looking at their ingredients and they use a combination of proteins, not just collagenic:

Ingredients: 67.4% Pure deionized water, 31.5% Actinase® [patent pending blend of enzymatically hydrolyzed (predigested) collagenic protein isolate, whey protein isolate (milk) and casein protein isolate (milk)], less than 2.0% of malic acid, Vitamins [ascorbic acid (C), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), riboflavin (B2), thiamin (B1), folic acid, biotin and cobalamin (B12)], natural flavors, acesulfame-potassium, sucralose, blue 1 and red 40.

I don't use it, personally, but it might be worth looking into this Actinase and bariatric surgery.

HW: 260  -  Consult: 241  -  SW: 239  -  CW: 206  -  GW: 140

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/30/11 9:51 am - OH
The problem is that, like most of these manufacturers, they use ALMOST ALL collgen protein with just a touch of the others.  Remember, the ingredients have to be listed in the order of quantity, so it is PRIMARILY collagen which means you cannot absorb ANY of the primary protein component. 

If it were physically/chemically possible to get 25 or 40g of quality whey protein into 3 ounces of liquid, all the manufacturers of protein powders would be making the "bullets" instead.  These manufacturers are counting on unsuspecting people not understanding that these products don't contain VERY little quality protein (it is more expensive, of course) and that they don't contain the amino acids to be able to absorb the crappy protein.

Lora

M M
on 9/30/11 12:50 am
I have the whole range of products here -- I have yet to try more than one.

I am afraid.  I promise I will.

Some. time. 
Liz J.
on 9/30/11 6:03 am - Woonsocket, RI
Is this one any better because it is Proprietary Protein Blend ?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fortress-Super-Whey-Protein-Shot-Fruit-Punch-Supplement-17.4-oz/13274526#Nutrition+Facts
poet_kelly
on 9/30/11 11:55 am - OH
No.  As far as I know, all the bullets/shots contain mostly collagen protein.  Collagen protein is made from boiling the skin and hooves of cows and sometimes horses.  It does not have all the amino acids in it.

If you want a protein supplement that tastes bad and is only a couple ounces to drink, take a scoop of any good protein powder, mix it in a couple ounces of liquid, and drink up.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Liz J.
on 9/30/11 10:48 pm - Woonsocket, RI
I was thinking that same thing Kelly. I want to get unflavored protein powder and mix with crystal light. Wah-La homemade protein shot :]

I came across this when Googling the hoof and skin thing... Eww
http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/question557.htm
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/30/11 11:44 pm - OH
It will actually also taste better than a useless protein shot if you get the syntrax nectar proteins, mix a scoop with only 3 ounces of water and chug it down.  It still tastes pretty bad, but at least you are getting protein that your body can use.

Lora

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 89 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 89 views