RANT.... YES I need to lose 5 pounds GET OFF MY BACK

ladybugnessa
on 9/28/11 12:35 am - Owings Mills, MD
Dear friends and co-workers who love me,

I am up 5 pounds from where I WANT to be.
YES I'm FINE where I am but I have gained 5 pounds.   5.6 to be exact.  AND THAT'S NOT OK WITH ME. 

HAD I worried about the FIRST FIVE POUNDS 30 years ago I would NOT be here now... I would have fixed it then and there.... but FIVE pounds turns to TEN turns to 15 and THAT'S HARD to take off.

I'm struggling to take off FIVE right now (ok I'm only on day 2 of this struggle but still)....

DO NOT LOOK AT ME LIKE I HAVE 3 heads....  I REFUSE to weigh 286 pounds again and I could so easily do this....

so when a "skinny" person says I need to lose a few pounds, respect them.. they know their bodies and their limitations.

love
nessa
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

laura_vermont
on 9/28/11 12:45 am
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Mrs-Quiggle
on 9/28/11 12:49 am - United Kingdom
Good for you Lovely.  I agree, if we'd all lost those first 5 1b none of us would be here now.  You go girl.

Mrs Quiggle xxx

mrslatch
on 9/28/11 12:58 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Amen.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Samantha L.
on 9/28/11 1:08 am - Petaluma, CA

Years ago I read the Susan Powder Book "Stop the Insanity!" (I think it was that one.. might have been her second book.. can't remember what it was called).  She talks about this very thing.  She said that she ran a weight loss support group and one day a model started coming to the group.  The model was treated badly by the other women in the group.  One day she asked the model to stay so she could talk to her.  She asked her why she was there and the model broke down in tears and said that she had gained five (or ten, I can't remember now) pounds and couldn't get it off no matter what and she FELT fat.  The point of the story was that it doesn't matter HOW MUCH weight you are battling.. it doesn't change how you FEEL about it.  To that model, that five pounds affected her career, her self esteem, etc.  It was the same battle. 
  I understand that she probably wasn't going to have health issues as a result of those five pounds, but it affected her mentally the same way.  
  I wish you all the luck!  I don't think you're crazy and I don't think you're silly. 

You MIGHT look cool with three heads, though.  =]

exohexoh
on 9/28/11 9:17 am - West Chester, PA
 she'd probably be healthier with those 5 extra pounds lol

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

GGB
on 9/28/11 1:14 am - montclair, VA
 remembering the day when my 15 crossed over into a downhill slide!

ladybugnessa
on 9/28/11 1:14 am - Owings Mills, MD
Thanks everyone...
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

T. Deeds
on 9/28/11 1:45 am
That's a really good point about worrying about the first five pounds before it turns into 10 pounds, 15 pounds, etc! 

One thing I would say though, is to be sensitive to who you complain to those 5 pounds about!  I remember when I weighed 320 pounds (I was about 170 pounds overweight) and my co-workers would complain to me about needing to loose 5 or 10 pounds.  They wanted to get down to a size 0, meanwhile I was bursting out of my size 28 skirt.  It really used to upset me when they did this.   I likened it to a wealthy person complaining about money problems to a homeless person. 

Laura in Texas
on 9/28/11 1:59 am
Well said, Terri!! I have one co-worker who shares my obsession with the scale and counting calories when I'm 3 pounds up. She's my go-to-vent-about-3-pounds person. I definitely do NOT talk about it in front of anyone else!! She and I are the smallest people in our department and we do not want to make anyone else feel bad.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 562 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 550 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 260 views