fried chicken

vmeyerw
on 9/15/11 6:10 am - belfield, ND
i was wondering if anyone ever indulged in a small piece of fried chicken once in a while? and do you eat the skin? would be nice to have a piece down the road ...
steve D.
on 9/15/11 6:23 am - West Fargo, ND
At some point, you will be able to eat whatever your pouch allows.  You may or may not be able to.  You will have to try it to find out.  I would suggest trying things for the first time at home in case you need to barf. 

For us it is not so much if can or can't, it is if we should or shouldn't.  Will one piece of fried chicken make you fat?  No, but uncontrolled eating patterns will.  The old saying "We eat to live, not live to eat".

Good Luck
PS.. I have had fried chicken since but prefer rotisserie. sp

Steve

Nan2008
on 9/15/11 6:28 am - Midland, MI
Agree completely with what Steve said.....

I am 2 1/2 years out and the first year, no I didn't have any fried chicken just because chicken, in general, sat really heavy in my pouch no matter how I cooked it!  Now, I can eat chicken and enjoy it.  I like mine grilled or in the crockpot.  I have had chicken tenders from KFC (I was only able to eat 1). 

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

vmeyerw
on 9/15/11 6:42 am - belfield, ND
thanks for the replies . i think i have to agree with you two too  . rotissrie might be moister .. i had crock pot bbq chicken thigh last night and it went down real easy !
Tonya0531
on 9/15/11 6:48 am - Lake, MS
I can't eat anything fried.  One bite of the grease and I'm dumping.  So sad but it keeps me in check I suppose.
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
TXKashmir
on 9/15/11 6:50 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I love to get boneless, skinless chicken strips and fry them myself at home using soy flour instead of regular white flour. You won't even notice the difference!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Dan OBrien
on 9/15/11 6:52 am - FL
I wanted a piece of KFC really bad so I got one thigh, peeled the skin off and ate a little bit of it.  Worst mistake yet!  I felt miserable for hours. 

I'm not that far out, but I am allowed chicken, dark meat preferred because of the moistness.  All other forms have been fine for me...fried just disagrees.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Lisa R.
on 9/15/11 6:59 am - CA
I love fried chicken A LOT!  I am pretty sure it was part of what made me fat!  LOL  I ate it probably 3 times a week.....how horrible!  

I think for me it might be a trigger food so I said I would avoid it.  But then it was there, at a party and it was the only thing to eat so I fell to temptation.  I was bout 3 1/2 months out.  I ate the meat only and I did feel kind of horrible, but no barfing.  I am a fat dumper.  

I, like you, would like to be able to eat a piece every now and then, since it is my fav food.  Should I, well yes if I can control it.  I am of the belief everything in moderation.  It is the moderation part that is tricky.  

I would wait a while, but when you can handle chicken really well try it and if you are ok, then I think a piece now and again would be fine. IMHO 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
D-J
on 9/15/11 10:20 am
oh how i loved fried chicken thighs with a ton of hot sauce on it,i feared i could never touch it again, but i found i can poach a skinless chicken thigh in the micro and dip it in hot sauce and it satisfies my fried chicken urges,,thanks God,,LOL
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 74 views