Food Logging ??

funeebonez
on 8/23/11 4:19 am, edited 8/23/11 4:21 am - Logan, UT
I need to be better at Logging my food intake.

How do you do it? Do you log food AND drink? Or just food?

Websites?
Journals?
Notebooks?

Reddheadd7
on 8/23/11 4:23 am - CA
That's easy!! I use THIS website! That way I can keep track of my protein, calories and carbs. There are other free sites out there, fitday.com, sparkpeople.com, myfitnesspal.com and more. Check them out.

mrslatch
on 8/23/11 4:24 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I use to use this website, but now i use myfitnesspal.com because I have the app for it on my iPhone. Love it!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Barbara C.
on 8/23/11 4:30 am - Raleigh, NC

There are a number of ways to do this, but I think that logging online is probably best because it allows you to see the 'value' of you are eating: not just calories, but also protein, calcium, carbs, fats, etc...

Before we begin this journey, many of us do not have a very good idea of the value of what we eat and this can really help us develop an awareness of what we are eating. I also think that it's a great way of help you develop personal accountability, it allows you to see if what you are eating supports your plan.

I have used many of the online websites and I personally like www.mydailyplate.com. I also have the app for my smartphone and that makes it even easier to stay on top of my intake and activity.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Wanda K.
on 8/23/11 5:18 am - Hope Mills, NC
RNY on 04/09/12
I use MyFitnessPal on my droid.  If you have a smart phone, at least most, you can get a free app and it makes it very convenient to do.  If you eat, you put it in your phone.  It is much easier than writing it down and then going home and putting it on your computer, which is a headache and a half.  I absolutely love this program.  You can actually scan barcodes if the item has one and the nutritional information comes up and all you have to do is put in the number of servings and if you scan and don't come up with anything, you can put in your own info and save it. 

Also, the program automatically syncs and you can also go on your home computer and look it up.  You are able to print out a diary of nutrition, exercise, etc.  In my opinion, it is my lifesaver.....

Wanda 

HW: 282, SW: 244.4, CW: 211, GW: 140   

LORI S.
on 8/23/11 10:25 am
I started using the LOSE IT app on my Droid
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views