phase 2 post rny

crystal P.
on 8/18/11 4:55 am - KY
hello everyone I am on phase 2 post rny surgery and I have a few questions about the eating thing
1. how do you eat popsicles? do u eat half of one stick of the popsicle? how often can u have them since they r considered liquid?

2. does anyone have any ideas for the phase 2 ?

3. if u drink water to fast do u feel pressure right at the bottom of your breast bone?

4. I have some biotin vitamins and when i take them I notice that pressure more often

5. any tips on how to eat and drink on this phase 2, i know 1-3oz every 15 mins, but cant seem to get all my water in

thanks for all the advice that anyone gives

surgery date RNY 8/10/11, HW 345, SW 323, CW 308, GW 155-160, SGW 135

"what doesnt kill me, can only make me stronger"        
steve D.
on 8/18/11 5:02 am - West Fargo, ND
First, congratulations. 

1.  I eat sugar free popscicles.  I eat one or two depending on how i feel.
2.  Follow your dr. suggestions for Phase 2 since they will vary by surgeon.
4.  I did earlier out.  That will go away.  Sip more slowly.
4.  Biotin is not related to the above question.  It is probably a coincidence.
5.  Sip, Sip, Sip, chew, chew, Chew.  It gets better as you go.

Good Luck
Steve

poet_kelly
on 8/18/11 5:42 am - OH
1.  Eat one or two, whichever you want.  You can have them as often as you like.
2.  I'm not sure what your doc's phase two is so I can't make any suggestions.  Are you on full liquids?  Pureed foods?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

crystal P.
on 8/18/11 9:02 am - KY
I am on full liquids

can I ask u a few other questions
1. i get a pressure feeling right at the end of my breast bone, could that mean that I am drinking to much to soon, i dont see how I am cause I cant get all my 64 oz of liquids in each day

2. also about where on your abdominal is the pouch located, do u know

sorry if u think these r stupid questions and I know that they r not all to do with the same thing, i was just wondering , thanks for any advice you have for me

poet_kelly
on 8/18/11 9:26 am - OH
They aren't stupid questions at all.  You don't learn stuff if you don't ask.

You might be drinking too much at one time or taking drinks that are too big.  There's not really a right way to drink and a wrong way to drink.  You won't damage your pouch or stretch your pouch or anything if you guzzle lots of water at once or take really big gulps.  It might feel uncomfortable, though, and if it feels uncomfortable you should take smaller sips and drink slower.  You'll have to figure out what works for you.

It's hard for lots of people to get 64 oz in at the beginning.  For me, I just had to take little sips almost all day long.  I had to carry a drink everywhere with me, in the car, in the bathroom, wherever.  It was a real pain because only super cold drinks went down well.  So if I got a glass of ice water and couldn't drink the whole thing real fast, then the water started to warm up and I had to get up and fix a new glass.

You know, I am not positive where exactly your pouch is.  I would guess about where you're saying you feel the pressure at the end of your breast bone, but I don't know for sure.  I bet if you google you can find a diagram that shows where it is.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ksan32
on 8/18/11 10:45 am - AZ
Had appt today because of similar feeling and nausea. Dr. gave me Zofran. I have been sick even drincan'****er. I have thrown up everyday since Sunday. I can't eat because it makes me sick. I may have to go to hospital for IV fluids. This sucks!!
My BP has tanked 100/78

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

crystal P.
on 8/18/11 11:20 pm - KY
aww I am sorry to hear that, maybe everything will be okay soon and you wont have to go into the hospital, I will pray for you that all gets better soon

Ksan32
on 8/19/11 3:46 am - AZ
Thanks crystal have to go to hospital for fluids! I was doing so well I'm disappointed. Dry heaving, dry mouth, very week, and light headed when I stand. Ugh hope it is only dehydration. I' ll keep you posted.

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

Most Active