"small pouch" days

Amy R.
on 8/16/11 9:53 am
I know I'm not the only one who has these from time to time just from reading the boards. 

What I've never really seen addressed though is what causes these "small" or even "large" pouch days?  Does anybody have any thoughts?

Mine don't seem to be connected in anyway to anything (except obviously when I am under severe stress or emotional upheaval - but I expect pouch changes on those days.)

So - what do you think/know?

Oh and also, I have trouble some mornings getting my pouch to start functioning (ie accepting food and liquids).  It's been that way since my surgery, and 99% of the time resolves itself within an hour of getting out of bed.  But I seem to be having a lot more of those mornings lately too so I am really getting curious.

Any input would be awesome=)
Price S.
on 8/16/11 10:20 am - Mills River, NC
My pouch is pretty consistant.  I don't have a problem in the mornings but I start everyone with decaf protein coffee and it likes that.  It seems I can always eat about the same amount, which varies according to the food consistancy but otherwise is 3/4 to 1 c. There are times it doesn't like cold stuff and too much fat makes me uncomfortable but mostly, just like I had a cast iron stomach before, now I have a cast iron pouch.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Alice P.
on 8/16/11 10:43 am
I know mine is somewhat hormonally related--ie I have large pouch days when PMSing and usually small pouch days a few days into my cycle but there must be other causes as well.
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

StampinCatMom
on 8/16/11 10:48 am - Columbus, OH
It's interesting that you're posting this, Amy, because I notice I have those days, too. I  just attribute it to Pouchy being Grouchy, but haven't been able to narrow it down to anything more specific than that. I doesn't matter what or the amount I've eatten the day before. I just never really know how it's going to be. Take this morning for instance, drinking my normal, plain water really upset my pouch and I had nausea...for who knows what reason. An hour later, I was fine. Other mornings I'm able to drink anywhere between 8 and 16 oz of water before I leave for work. Sometimes it's really aggravating and I just tell myself that it's something I need to get used to, because it's my new "normal" now.

Maggie

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about getting out there and dancing in the rain!

Heidi L.
on 8/16/11 5:16 pm - San Jose, CA
RNY on 09/21/10 with
I never know how mine will feel. This morning I took a drink of water and instant nausea. Just tried to get my morning meds down and waited 30 minutes before attempting my first protein shake of the day.

Some days It feels like it is already full and I can't take another bite and other days like it is a bottomless pit and have to stop myself from over eating.

I haven't noticed any triggers.

Pre-op  260.8#...Surgery 242#...Current 190#...Lowest 166#...Goal 155.8#

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 192 views
What's on your Monday Menu?