Acne problems?

StephanieRN
on 8/15/11 11:03 pm - IN
I'm five weeks post op and having alot of acne problems suddenly.  I'm wondering if it's a common problem as fat releases etc, or if it's from the chocolate in my protein shakes.  Anyone have the same problem?

regina71
on 8/15/11 11:07 pm
I get acne more when i'm not drinking enough water. I am not sure if its the chocolate.
jazzycatz
on 8/15/11 11:29 pm - Joppa, MD
Right now it could be because of the estrogen that is stored in your fat being released as you burn that fat.  And like the previous poster, make sure you are getting your fluids in as best you can right now.  Keep those toxins flushed out.

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/16/11 12:44 am - CA
It's hormones! It will pass...I'm having the same issue & I drink water all day long! There's nothing really we can do right now, we just gotta let our body do it's thing, it will get better over the months. :o)
Carebearny1999
on 8/16/11 1:57 am - Rochester, NY
It's the hormones!  Mine is ESPECIALLY bad because I had to stop the Pill and switched to Mirena.  I have noticed that with a regular daily cleansing routine with acne treatment gel, and not cross-branding products (like using Stridex pads but Neutrogena gel, etc.) it has cleared up a LOT!  So much so others have noticed!  I'm using Mary Kay but I LOVED the Neutrogena Acne system too, it was just a tad too harsh for my skin!  Key is use it DAILY, and usually morning AND night!  

StephanieRN
on 8/16/11 8:53 am - IN
Thanks everyone!  I started thinking today that these really do feel like the deep, big acne that I get when I start my cycle.  I'm sure you're right about the hormones.  And since I went back to work this week (and I work nights!) I know I'm not getting enough water in because of my messed up sleep schedule.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 0 replies · 11 views
Recent Topics