I did it!!! Now I need advice!

DallasBBWmom
on 8/12/11 10:55 pm - TX
I did it! After 8 months of loosing I have slowed wayyyy down with the weight loss. My 8 year old son has been BEGGING to go to a new city recreation center that opened last year.

I have been thinking about joining for quite a while but haven't had the guts to even go in to check it out let alone join. I decided today I would check it out. Once I got there I realized I had been missing out and I joined. Family of 3 of 1 whole year was $100!! Can't beat that!

The place is super fancy but very limited on actual exercise equipment. They have state of the art treadmills, stair steppers, bikes, elliptical and free weights. This place encourages being active while having fun. There are numerous classes we can take if the basic exercise stuff gets boring.

So my question.... what is a realistic expectation for me to start with. I still weigh 280 pounds. How long on the treadmill and how fast? Elliptical? 

I need a baseline of where to start. What is a good goal for me to try to reach the first couple of times I go?

I can't believe I am this excited over something so small!

boneswag
on 8/12/11 11:04 pm
I hate excercising.  I would say do what makes you confortable while moving and having fun.
I feel like if your not enjoying what your doing you just stop doing it.   Get your heart rate up so your breathing kinda heavy and then just keep moving for at least 20 or 30 minutes.

Avdice from an amateur

Dee2011
on 8/12/11 11:39 pm - PA
I recently purchased a treadmill.  I am slow, so I have started with 15 minutes at a time for 4 times a day gives me 2 miles a day.  I don't go very fast infact I think the treadmill right now is set at 2.  I figured a little bit of exercise a couple of times a day is better than nothing.  I also recently purchased 4# hand weights that are for walking but I've been using for regular upper body, I also just bought a set of ketttle bell weights that has come with a DVD; I have yet to get started on that. I figure just go and easy and at your own pace and soon we will all be doing exactly what we want.  Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 478 views