Really needing advice/help on Gall Bladder and RNY...

gizmo113
on 8/10/11 11:22 am - Camby, IN
 Lap RNY was on 3/17/2011... everything went great. Scoped at 2 months due to stricture and 3 bleeding ulcers- medication helped and felt better.

Last Wednesday was emergency surgery on my gall bladder which was done Lap as well. I was in the hospital extra long because of how "disease and infection filled" my gall bladder was. 

Question: My belly button is in pain... the area around it is sore, it feels sore.... And now I'm becoming a nut job thinking something is wrong. Could it just be healing pain? Could it be that it's gone through 2 Lap surgeries so close together? Or am I dying? (exaggerating, I know) I think I just need to hear that this pain is normal and I should feel better soon :( 

love you all!

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

Smileygrl810
on 8/10/11 11:51 am
Girl you've been through it haven't you!!! I remember when I had my gallbladder removed I had severe pain in my belly button. I actually called my surgeons office about it because I thought there was some infection or something. He said it was fine but because my belly button was sorta hidden inside my fat... it wasn't breathing like the other areas that were cut open. I had a hard time with pants that weren't elastic because of it too. I hurt really bad... but...It ended up being fine. I do have a keloid there now though. However... when I had my RNY...which was done lap also... I never had pain in my belly button like I did for gall bladder surgery. So who knows. But it sounds like the same thing I went through. I hope this helps! Do you have a post op visit coming up? If so I'd have them take a look. If not, I'd call the surgeons office and ask a nurse about it... just so you don't make yourself crazy! Take care sweetie!!! I hope you get lots of rest this weekend... you definitely need it!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
gizmo113
on 8/10/11 11:58 am - Camby, IN
You know I love you :) 

Yeah, I go in on the 23rd... I just wanted to make sure I am normal. I hate being in pain because I feel like something is wrong. It's just my luck these days that something always is :( 

cajungirl
on 8/10/11 11:54 am

It's possible the pain is from 2 surgeries so close together.  Are you running fever?  Is the site hot and/or red?

If you notice any possible infections signs please call your doctor.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

gizmo113
on 8/10/11 11:57 am - Camby, IN
 Nope, no fever or redness/hotness.... I don't see any signs of infection, just soreness :(

Thanks for your help!

Smileygrl810
on 8/10/11 12:06 pm
You sound like me in the paranoia/stress/bad luck department!!! I don't blame you! You've had a few ups and downs and when it rains it seems like it freaking pours!!! Are you putting ice on it??? Hang in there sunshine!!! You know I'm always here!!! xoxo

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?