Finally found my protein shake!!!!

Mia H.
on 8/8/11 11:47 pm - OH
 I have tried over 10  different kinds and didn't like any of them.  Some of them even made my stomach upset.  I found Believe on bariatriceating.com that I can drink and like, but they are pretty pricey.  So I thought well, I'll just have to fork out the extra money so I can get my proteins in.  I went to the Vitamin Shoppe to try the Syntax 6 that Katie on here said she liked.  I bought 1 ready to drink bottle to try along with a couple of other ones I didn't try yet.  Didn't like the syntax 6 or isopure smoothie.  So I tried the Oh Yeah chocolate milkshake.  I LOVE IT!!  It taste just like a milkshake and the best thing... NO AFTER TASTE!!  One bottle is 32 g of protein.  Now I won't have to worry about my proteins any more. YEAH!!!

poet_kelly
on 8/8/11 11:59 pm - OH
I hear you.  I've never tried the Oh Yeah shakes but I had to try a whole bunch before finding something I like.  For those that haven't found a shake you like yet, keep trying.  I actually have a bunch I like now but it took a while.  Making them different ways changes things too.  There are shakes I love made with milk but hate made with water.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mia H.
on 8/9/11 12:05 am - OH
I'm going to keep on trying different ones so I can have a variety of protein drinks.  I also bought some powder packets too.  Now that I can eat fresh fruits, I am going to try some of the smoothie recipes that I have came across. 

KittenLove
on 8/9/11 12:18 am - Around Knoxville, TN
The Oh Yeah vanilla is my all time fave RTD shake...sweet lovin!

Be happy. 

YankeeRose
on 8/9/11 12:38 am - Meadville, PA
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a sample pack of the Oh Yeah (comes in mini-bottles of all the flavors) for $4.99 + $2.50 S&H (from the info Lora posted the other day). I am looking forward to trying them, especially the chocolate, since you both have said they taste like a chocolate milkshake with no after taste. I sure hope I like them.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

poet_kelly
on 8/9/11 2:53 am - OH
Where did you order the samples?  I think I'd like to try them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/9/11 2:58 am - OH
www.issresearch.com/osb/showitem.cfm

Flat rate of $2.50 shipping per sample pack.

When I ordered earlier this week (just because the price was so good -- I got 3 of the full size kits and 2 of the half-size kits for $30... the equivalent of 14 full-size bottles for $2.15 each instead of  $3.50-$4 each for full-size bottles in the store), it said THREE kits per month (all for the flat $2.50 shipping per type of kit), but now it is only one of each kit per month.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/9/11 12:42 am - OH
Yep, the Oh Yeah! chocolate is my favorite protein drink of any kind.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ladyprof
on 8/9/11 1:19 am - Marion, AR
Thanks, ladies!  I'm getting ready for life post surgery and ordered some chocolate for me as well.  I bet it will be really handy to bring to work since they are pre-mixed!

jenysez1
on 8/9/11 2:06 am - LA
I am happy I read this, so Vitamin Shoppe has Oh Yeah?  I thought you could only order it online.  I will have to try them.

Thanks Jenny

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 0 replies · 10 views