Low BS, 10 lb loss

Ksan32
on 8/7/11 3:08 am - AZ
Had surgery on 08/02/2011. I'm down 10 lbs. My blood sugar keeps dropping in the "60's". I have been licking peanut butter any similar problem, and great result!

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

poet_kelly
on 8/7/11 3:21 am - OH
I was just getting ready to post here to whine about my low blood sugar.  It's not as low as yours, was 74 when I checked it a few minutes ago, but two hours after eating it should be higher than that and I feel really crappy.

The best thing to keep blood sugar at a good level seems to be eating small amounts of protein frequently and not eating too much sugar.  Which I do but I still get low blood sugar sometimes.

Congratulations on the weight loss.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ksan32
on 8/7/11 3:53 am - AZ
Thanks kelly!
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 4:41 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I'm with Kelly--do some high protein w/complex carbs.  Keeps your blood sugar normal longer.

If you're not yet cleared to do complex carbs, then you might want to do more protein shakes, etc.

Are you on Diabetes meds?  I was, pre-op,  but my blood glucose levels got right so fast I had
to stop taking them in order to keep from bottoming out.  If so, you might want to your doctor
about maybe reducing the amount you're taking. 
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 234 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics