TIRED!

NikkiV
on 8/5/11 6:34 am - OH
So I had my surgery on July 8th, and I'm exhausted!! I even have to take a nap after I shower. I realize this will get better, but when?? I'm going back to work next week and was wondering what kind of experiences people had with that?

hporter27
on 8/5/11 7:33 am
I had my surgery 5 months ago and I am just now starting to feel normal again.  I was very tired for the first couple of months and had trouble eating solid food.  Have your bloodwork done.  I found out I was deficient in a couple of vitamins and that my old thyroid medication was no longer working after the gastric bypass.  My doctor put me on a different brand of medication that seems to be working and I feel much better now.  Hang in there!  Things get easier as the months go on and you should start to feel better soon. 
egychi12
on 8/5/11 12:42 pm
I am thinking about the gastric bypass surgery.  I suffer with hypothyroidism and I take synthroid.  Did you take any vitamins before the surgery? When your doctor changed your meds, how long did it take before you started to feel better?
YankeeRose
on 8/6/11 4:46 am - Meadville, PA
What thyroid medication were you taking and what med did they switch you to? Just curious cuz I am on Levothyroxine for my thyroid and I feel very tired also. I am only 6 weeks post op.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

hporter27
on 8/8/11 9:57 am
I was taking 100mcg of Levothroid and got switched to 125mcg of Levothyroxine (bow tie shaped?).  It took several weeks to start working but then all of the sudden I started feeling better.  I take a lot of vitamins every day too, about twice what a normal person takes, along with calcium citrate chews.
YankeeRose
on 8/9/11 12:32 am - Meadville, PA
Thank you. I take 150 mcg of Levothyroxin. I will be getting my labs drawn soon so we'll see what my Thyroid level is as well as all the other stuff. I am also taking BA multi's, dry D3 and calcium citrate. I love the calcet creamy bites!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

hporter27
on 8/9/11 2:13 am

On my bottle it says Levoxyl, made by Pfizer.  Hope this helps. 

blondieann
on 8/5/11 11:03 am
I am working on my third month and I am always still tired.  I here so many people get this burst of energy but I am yet to see it.  Lets keep our fingers crossed that it comes soon.

nana2boys
on 8/5/11 12:32 pm
I had my surgery the day before you and I get really tired in the late afternoon and evenings.  All my incisions got infected and still have not healed. I am allergic to adhesives and they covered them with the superglue stuff and infection set in.  Still have an open wound on one.   I think that may have something to do with mine.

NikkiV
on 8/6/11 4:30 am - OH
I'm sorry to hear of your problems with your wounds.  I had surgi-glue too, but didn't have any problems with that. It's funny I also heard people say something about this surge of energy but I have yet to see it or feel it for that matter. Just hoping I don't fall asleep at work. LOL

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 296 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics