Clear protein drinks, nasty!

Ksan32
on 8/4/11 12:20 pm - AZ
OMG these are so nasty. I had surgery Tuesday and tried protein drink and can't stop gagging. Help me, please. I added water and ice and still almost throw up! What to do?

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

poet_kelly
on 8/4/11 12:21 pm - OH
Go to the store in the morning and get a different protein drink.  They do not all taste the same.  For tonight, just get some liquids in.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ksan32
on 8/4/11 12:34 pm - AZ
Any suggestions?
AMRubel
on 8/4/11 12:39 pm
It took me a while to find a protein shake I enjoy! 

I am now using the For Ever Fit - Fruit Blast from Vitamin world - It comes in the following flavors: 
Black Raspberry
Kiwi Stawberry
Mango something...
They sell individual packages for $1.99 so you can try them before you buy the BIG jug! 

I also enjoy the Nectars by syntrax.

Personally I can't drink a "creamy" shake - I need fruity and they must be fully disolved before I start drinking...can't stand clumps! ewwwwww

Good Luck! You too will find something you like! :)

Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Ksan32
on 8/4/11 12:45 pm - AZ
What about clear protein drinks for the first week?
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/4/11 1:06 pm - OH
In adddition to the Cytomax ready-to-drink protein waters, all of the Syntrax fruit flavored nectar protein powders are "clear" rather than milky (they also have some non-fruit flavored ones (e.g., vanilla bean torte) that are NOT clear).  You can get the alrge tubs at many places, but can get samples from www.vitalady.com (but it will take a few days for shipping).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

AMRubel
on 8/4/11 12:56 pm
Oh, I am sorry, I didn't have to drink any clear drinks for the first week...Just liquids period.
What are you drinking now that is clear? 
Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/4/11 1:02 pm - OH
If the ones you currently have are the Isopure brand, try the Cytomax Pure Performance Protein drinks.  It comes in 3 flavors: Tropical (which is bright green), watermelon (which tastes more like fruit punch), and Tangerine.  You will probably need to pour them over ice or add some water to them, though, as they are kind of sweet.  They do not have the aftertaste that the Isopure ones do and they do not leave your tongue with that nasty coated feeling.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Ksan32
on 8/4/11 11:17 pm - AZ
You ladies have been fabulous! Thanks so much. Guess who's going shopping today.
Nee000
on 8/5/11 6:26 am - MI
I don't know if you have a GNC in your area, but if you don't like the protein powder you purchased, you can returned the open container for a full refund.  I am very thankful that I didn't have to do the clear protein as I was only able to stomach Pure Protein - Chocolate.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views