How many calories, and protein is everybody getting

sissymm32
on 8/3/11 4:25 pm - Phil Campbell, AL
I was just wanting to know how many calories other people are eating durning the day? How much protein people are eating? I guess really what are other people eating to get all that in everyday. I find it hard to get a lot of stuff in every single day. Most of the time I dont care nothing about eating anything. I have gotten sick of eating the same stuff all the time so if people have something new that would be great. Thanks for any information anybody can give.

Melissa
                                   HW 286    SW 266     CW 180

Jacqueline F.
on 8/3/11 4:37 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
I would not be concerned about your calorie intake if it is less than your Doctors office told you.  If it is more than you need to change your diet.  That said at 3-4 months post op, you need to focus on getting your vitamins, fluids, and protiens in...the rest will come in time.  If you meet your goals for Vitamins, Fluids (min 64 oz a day), Protiens (60 for women and 80 for men not to exceed 120 per day), then you are rocking it. I was on less than 500 calories for the first 8 months before it started to come up as I was able to eat more foods so no worries there.  But again I stress that there were no worries as long as I met the top three goals...Vitamins, Fluids, Protiens.  

If your calorie intake is too high, you are not eating the right things or following the diet plan.

Take care,
Jackie 

poet_kelly
on 8/3/11 4:42 pm - OH
I get around 1500 calories and about 70 grams of protein.  But I'm over two years out and I'm done losing.  When I was only a few months out and still losing, I ate around 1000 calories.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ale L.
on 8/3/11 9:13 pm
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 I get at least 60 grams of protein/day and my doctor said between 1000 - 1200 calories/day, but i usually get in between 900-1000.  i have a hard time getting in more protein than that...and i am still loosing.

i have an app on my iphone that helps me keep a food diary that tracks my protein, fluids and calorie intake too!  it has been a huge help in terms of realizing what my intake is daily.  its called shape up ands its free,  i have also used my fitness pal.  there are others out there too.

Laura in Texas
on 8/3/11 10:09 pm
Right now I'm recovering from plastic surgery, so my body is a furnace. I eat every 2 hours all day long. I'm probably eating 2500-3000 calories a day and 150 grams of protein. Right now my favorite is Fage 0% with cheesecake sf pudding mix mixed in. Yum!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Mia H.
on 8/3/11 10:16 pm - OH
 I do not count calories.  My doc does not have us do that.  Proteins, I get in about 70-80 grams a day.

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 10:45 pm - Boston, MA
 My NUT said to eat 800 calories a day til I come back for my 6 month appt, I get 70-80 g of protein in.
LoraLeeME
on 8/3/11 11:03 pm
I don't count calories either. I do measure my food so I eat about 2-3oz or 1/4 -1/2 cup of any food. I get at least 60 grams of protein in daily and most days target 90 grams. I eat very little other than high protein foods. I do get tired of the same-old, same-old so that's when I change it up. Instead of turkey I'll eat fish or eggs (scrambled) or beans. I do still have protein shakes, 1-2 a day. I try to eat a variety everyday to prevent boredom. It's a challenge sometimes.

Good luck.

curvaceousdiva
on 8/3/11 11:13 pm - Hyattsville, MD
I dont measure my protein BUT I do measure my food as in size...

Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/11 11:30 pm - FL
I don't monitor my calories.  They're taking care of themselves if you stay on your plan.  I'm supposed to have between 91g and 108g of protein a day.  Mainly, I eat about 3oz of protein 3-4 times a day and 2oz of veggies or fruit 3 times a day.  If I'm short on protein I use the 0 or low carb protein drinks.  They also count towards your fluid intake.  My nut wants a minimum of 90oz of fluids a day which I am finding almost impossible to do though.  I'm at the stage where I'm trying to increase my protein solid intake and reduce and eventually stop the protein drinks.  I did look at my calories recently and I'm getting probably between 900-1100 calories a day on average.  I'm 6 weeks out and I've lost 75 pounds so far from peak and about 60 since pre-op appointment.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views