pysch appt

tahoelady1958
on 8/1/11 5:57 am - reidsville, NC
RNY on 01/16/12
 I am very nervous about this appointment...i have never been to a pyshologist before...i have NO idea what to expect...could anyone give me any idea what i am to expect...the appointment is 8-3, so i dont have much longer to worry(me and my typeA personality is kicking in...tia
Gina1013
on 8/1/11 6:05 am - Canton, OH
 I just had my appt this past week. It consisted of a two personality tests..one 175 questions and the other 500+. Then I had an appointment with the Dr. His questions were based on my past relationships with family,  relationship with food, past weight loss attempts, successes, failures and the reasons behind the success/failures. He asked me to explain the surgery along with the possible risks. side effects and benefits. He asked what I expected to lose (goal weight) and inquired about my support system.
I was kind of nervous beforehand too. It was pretty painless:)
crystal C.
on 8/1/11 6:30 am - lynn, MA
They sat me in this tiny room and I had to answer all these questions, just like those standardize testing from back in high school.  The doctor came in and reviewed it right there, we talked for a bit he asked me questions about my personal life, family, childhood.  I had to draw pictures of my parents and brothers LOL.  He told me that he thought I was ready for surgery before I even left.  It was pretty easy. 
tahoelady1958
on 8/1/11 6:36 am - reidsville, NC
RNY on 01/16/12

thank ya'll for the quick response...i hope it is as painless as you say...please think about me...i am just more anxious of this appointment than any other in this process...
Proudtobaloser
on 8/1/11 6:46 am - Fayetteville, NC
do NOT try to lie about anything because they WILL catch it. Be honest about EVERYTHING.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

sunpat41
on 8/1/11 8:00 am
The only things the Dr asked me if i understood the surgery, complications, life changing, and if I could explain the surgery too him. Although I have seen him the previous year, and even though I  have major depression and slight bipolar he approved me, Its nothing to go see a psych Dr so relax every thing will go OK
Good Luck

Patty
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

tahoelady1958
on 8/1/11 11:31 am - reidsville, NC
RNY on 01/16/12
 i appreciate all the positive info...i WILL let the world know if im approved...teehee
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views