Back pain

Darrin D.
on 7/28/11 10:10 am - GA
Hi all, I am 6 weeks out from my RNY and down 50+ pounds.  That part is great.  I am finally beginning to have a little energy, also great.  However, now I am having all kinds of crazy back pain.  Is this normal?  Several people I have talked to about seem to think that its due to my having lost the 'cushion' on by backside and now, because sitting makes my rear hurt, I am compensating by sitting in awkward positions which is throwing my back out.  I have no idea.

Anybody else have this happen?
azreggie
on 7/28/11 10:19 am - Tucson, AZ
This happened to me too.  I think its because our center of gravity has shifted, therefore causing us to stand, sit whatever in a totally new way. Just a thought.

Reggie

Sara B.
on 7/28/11 11:48 am - Edenton, NC
I am 12 weeks post op and I can tell you I went back to work 4 weeks ago and my back KILLS me after being at work for about 4 hours. I stand on my feet all day and am constantly pushing and pulling on patients (I work in the OR) and wasn't sure if that was the reason but upon searching on here have discovered lots of people deal with this. If ONLY we could take ibuprophen. I am seriously thinking of going to a chiropractor. I leave work everyday almost in tears from the pain. So you are def. not alone! 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 549 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 533 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 228 views
Recent Topics