Is this an NSV or an insult?

Lisa R.
on 7/22/11 7:39 am - CA
I'm a teacher.  I had surgery May 2nd 2011 and then by June 2nd we were out of school.  I had lost 22 lbs but no one seemed to really notice.

Yesterday we went back for a leadership meeting so I saw some of my fellow staff members and most people were really excited saying how great I looked and what was my secrete.  But 2 ladies, who know I had surgery, said that I shouldn't lose anymore weight, that I was pretty thin now and I didn't want to look sickly.  Compliment?  I think they meant it as such.

I weighed 194lbs on Monday (that is scale day) and to me that is not thin (for me).  My BMI is 29 which is pretty high in the over weight category.

I guess I just wonder what they are going to think by December when I have lost another 30 or so lbs.  Will they tell me I am looking good but really think I look sick?  LOL, I don't know 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Shelly S.
on 7/22/11 8:19 am - Mason, MI
Haters----they're just jealous!!!! You do what you need to do to feel healthy!
Rock it, sista!!!!!

Oh, btw----I say, NSV!
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
Lori P.
on 7/22/11 10:26 am, edited 7/22/11 10:27 am - Kenosha, WI
People are not used to you being smaller....so you do look odd....to them...because they are not used to the new you.  They will adjust BUT this will not be the last round of "you are too thin" comments.

I started getting those when I hit 175 (I am very short) so that was just silliness as I was still OBESE...when I hit 140 the nurses on the floor I work on staged an "intervention" and got my GYN doc involved (we all work together).....they were afraid I was becomming anorexic.....I was actually still in the overweight catgory at that weight  

After that little interlude, when ever I was asked by anyone I worked with, including the doctor, if I had stopped losing....I simply said yes...even though it was a lie!!  

When I hit 115....I decided I was done....actually a little too done.  I allowed myself to gain about 3 lbs.  No one bothers me anymore.  People I have just met say things like "you are so cute and tiny".   

This phase will pass 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

immafatgirl
on 7/22/11 12:15 pm - KY
i would smile if someone told me i look to thin. u go with your sexy self . ppl always have something to say . it dont matter what u do. be proud. no matter
shirleyfhoffman
on 7/22/11 12:43 pm, edited 7/22/11 12:44 pm - CA
All of my friends told me I was doing SO great until I lost 100 pounds
(hit 240 pounds) and fit into that size 18 dress I posted the other day.
Now everyone keeps saying things like, "No offense, but I'm going to
be so pissed if you get down to my size!" My 190 pound cousin told me
that. I waned to say, "Chick, you're going to be SUPER pissed when I
pass you by about 55 pounds!!! HAHAHAHA" but I didn't. I just laughed
and told her that I plan on being down to her weight before Christmas.
I think that no one cared how much weight I was losing as long as I was
still fatter than them and now that I've passed some and I'm getting
close to others, they're afraid of becoming the fat friend. I LOVE it!
I've worked really hard and I'm not about to stop now! Heck, if they
keep being mean like this, I might even give them some of my fat clothes
when I shrink out of them!
 BAHAHAHAHA!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Proudtobaloser
on 7/22/11 3:43 pm - Fayetteville, NC
HMMMMMMM this would be where I would tell them to stop it. Drives me nuts when people ALYWAS seem to have something to say about others BUT yet when something on them is "whacked" and people say anything it is wrong. Just ask them to stop and tell them you are doing what you need to.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 82 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 82 views