seroquil

Deborah Prince
on 7/19/11 8:12 am - MA

My therapist suggested that i start taking this.  Does anyone have any experience with it?  Can we take it post wls?

Thank you everyone :-)

Deb

jenysez1
on 7/19/11 8:32 am - LA
I took it before I started my weight loss journey.  I loved it, took it for about 4 years.  They had to change all my medicines b/c I had some that were time released and I couldnt crush them or get liquid form.  Since they changed some meds, they changed that one because Respiradone compliments the other medicine I am on better than seriquil.  I feel however the medicine I was on prior to this journey worked better than the concoction I am on now.

Jenny

facethemusic
on 7/19/11 8:55 am
I've been on it for 2 years and I absolutely love it.  I haven't had any issues absorbing it since surgery.  I am also not on the extended relase any longer.  I have to take it at night because it makes me so sleepy.  I take it as an add-on to help cope with severe anxiety and depression.  Since starting it I have only needed Xanax for severe acute panic attacks maybe 3 or 4 times.  It also made a marked difference with my insomnia.  I sleep so much better on it.  Be careful because at first it can make you super drowsy.  For the first week or so I was drowsy during the day but after that I haven't had any daytime drowsiness.    It also gives me a stuffy nose in the mornings.  That's just one of those weird side effects.  Other than that I have no complaints at all.  One of the side effects is weight gain, but I've never had an issue with that while on it.  In fact I lost about 20 in the first 3 months after starting it.  It supressed my appetite.
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/19/11 8:58 am - OH
There are two versions of Seroquel available... a "regular" version and an XR (externded release) version.  You can take the regular version but should not take the XR (which is usually what they will prescribe unless they know that you will not absorb it properly because of the RNY). 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Deborah Prince
on 7/19/11 9:18 am - MA
Deborah Prince
on 7/19/11 9:21 am - MA
if i do take the xr what will happen?  because i was  really looking forward to a good nights sleep :-(

poet_kelly
on 7/19/11 9:32 am - OH
If you take the XR, you probably will not absorb it correctly.  It won't cause anything bad to happen, but you may not get the results you want either if you don't absorb it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Proudtobaloser
on 7/19/11 9:31 am - Fayetteville, NC
the regular seroquil will help you sleep. I can't take either version because I would sleep too heavy.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Deborah Prince
on 7/19/11 9:45 am - MA
im going to try it and see what happens :-) 

Im havent slept in days :-( 

Karen M.
on 7/19/11 11:08 am - Mississauga, Canada
I take a relatively small dose and ONLY at bedtime - it completely knocks me on my ass.  I am actually sleeping again after months and months if insomnia, not at all helping my anxiety/depression.  It's wonderful that way.  However, it does cause weight gain in many people, myself included.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics