Chew or Swallow?

Lisa R.
on 7/19/11 4:20 am - CA
Do you chew or swallow your vitamins?  I am 3 months out and I HATE chewable vitamins, they just taste nasty, but I can take pills fine, so today I took my multi-vitamin whole.  So far so good, but just wanted to know if this is ok and if others do it because my doctor is not that informative, we don't even have a NUT.  His nurse is pretty smart and answers questions, but I trust you guys here alot since you are living it everyday.

Thanks for any input and advice!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
poet_kelly
on 7/19/11 4:23 am - OH
I swallow my D3, vitamin A, zinc, iron and vitamin C.  My multi is ENS, which is a drink mix.  For calcium, I use Upcal D which is a powder you mix in a drink or Calcet creamy bites, which are chewable.  I take my B12 by injection.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Paul C.
on 7/19/11 5:00 am - Cumming, GA
HIJACK!

Kelly your new Avi IS awesome!
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
fickleme
on 7/19/11 4:42 am - Bessemer City, NC
I am about 3 1/2 months out and I swallow my vitamins except for my sublingual B12... it just melts under the tongue... I started with chewables but just couldn't tolerate the taste any longer so I switched... Works just fine for me :)
JerseyJim
on 7/19/11 4:48 am - Sayre, PA
I started with all chewables, but have already moved away from the calcium chewables to ones you swallow.  I also swallow my vitamin D, colace, probiotic, allergy pill, gallbladder med, and the occasional Tylenol.  Eventually, I'll also swallow my iron and multi. I'm just waiting to run out of the chewables.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

JJ_
on 7/19/11 5:50 am
Some folks also crush the pills and put them in a bit of apple sauce to eat and hide the taste.
Lisa R.
on 7/19/11 5:53 am - CA
Oh, good idea, maybe I will try that with the 2 chewables I really hate, the iron and the B Complex.
YUCK!  The C vitamin is really good I like that one.  The rest I am able to swallow, so I am going to swallow them.  It is so much easier to get it all down when i just have to swallow it and not chew it all up.....that chalk texture is just about the death of me. 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views