Fat Hanging from back of thighs

saileen
on 7/12/11 11:25 am
Now that I'm halfway through my weight loss journey I am seeing the areas I may have skin issues with.  I have hanging fat along the back of my thighs.  I work with a personal trainer 4 times a week and it doesn't look like that skin is going to shrink up.  Anyone else have this issue? Did you get surgery or did gravity help with how your legs look.  I have some sharpe dog wrinkles goin' on my legs too. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/12/11 11:37 am - OH
I carried a lot of weight in my belly and thighs and my thighs now look HIDEOUS.  Gravity actually works AGAINST you when it comes to thighs because many times it pulls the extra skin down to the knee area. How the thighs -- and, more specifically, the knees -- look in jeans is often the "give away" to when someone has lost a lot of weight...

Unfortunately, many plastic surgeons don't even do thigh lifts because the results are often not very good and the rate of necrosis at the incision sites is highest with thighs.  SO, even if I could afford to ahve my thighs done (I'm still paying off my tummy tuck), I wouldn't.  My tummy tuck turned necrotic
and I won;t risk that again, especially after seeing the "before" and "after" pics of thighs that look like mine at the plastic surgeons offices.... not thighs that I would end up showing in public... so why spend the money... I will just continue to hide my thighs as they are.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

fiveholts714
on 7/12/11 11:59 am - St. George, UT
Mine is my inner thighs. I wear longer shorts to cover it but you can't hide anything in a swim suit

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views