AAAHHHH! I'm losing it!!

Lisa R.
on 6/28/11 1:09 pm - CA
Ok, seriously!  I am about a week away from "that time of the month" and I have my normal CONSTANT hunger.  It is driving me nuts.  It is a struggle everyday.  I know that this has to be only in my head because even if I do go and eat something I will just be hungry again in like an hour.

Before surgery I could take Midol and it would sometimes help with this crazy hunger thing.  Do any of you get this way with your period?  If so PLEASE give me some advice on how to deal with it.  In a week or less I am going to be fine and not be hungry at all.  Any one know why this happens, can you explain why some people get so hungry before their periods.  Maybe if I know why it happens I can handle it better.

Thanks for listening, I might just have to go to bed here at 8pm so I can sleep through the hunger. 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
mandajolyn
on 6/28/11 1:24 pm - Tallahassee, FL
You're not alone! The week before my Tom I am always hungry, it's crazy and drives me nuts!I think pamprin has a version without NSAIDs. If I am hungry I usually get sf Popsicles or make sf jello pudding with some sf whip cream so I feel like I'm indulging without the sugar! I try to keep protein snacks and such for days like that. I don't know why it happens! Try finding a salty sweet snack that's good for you that will kill the cravings!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Lisa R.
on 6/28/11 1:41 pm - CA
 Thank you!  You know what is the worst is that I see posts on here from the vets saying "you can eat whatever you want in the first year and still lose weight" and on normal days I know that is true but dangerous because getting our new eating habit in effect is crucial to keeping the weight off, but in moments like these it makes my evil side say, "oh go ahead and cheat, you will still lose weight"  

I have not caved and I don't plan to, going to eat some miso soup and hit the hey so I don't lose my will power.  I only only 2 months out, my first TOM was easier then this, I guess cause I was still so new and really restricted.  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Price S.
on 6/28/11 9:24 pm - Mills River, NC
I haven't had a TOM in years but when I am really hungry, I do at least 20 oz of fluid between each time I eat.  I stay fuller and better hydrated.  Actually, I try to do that all the time but REALLY do it when I am hungry.  Then protein only, 2 oz.  So even if I end up with 6 "meals" during the day, it is still good for me and ok.  If you are craving sweets, you can make one of your "meals" sf pudding with protein.  If you are carving salty, nuke some pepperoni.  You can do this. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??