Gerd

dmich
on 6/26/11 7:18 am
Did anyone have problems with gerd getting worse by having sleeve surgery done? I have It now and Im worried about that getting worse from having such a small stomache. I have not decided on what surgery to get yet but the sleeve sounds the best to me.
TamaraL
on 6/26/11 8:43 am
in a lot of people the sleeve does cause heart burn to get worse.  I had heart burn with the lap band so I did not do the sleeve. Was afraid it would get worse.

I do occasionally get heart burn but its mostly if I have over eat, drink my chocolate protien shake occasionally or if I eat acidic foods.  Mine did not completely go away with the bypass.

Eggface
on 6/26/11 9:15 am - Sunny Southern, CA
I was very lucky... I had severe GERD... acid pouring out of my nose at night severe, erosion of the throat stuff... and it was completely resolved post RNY. I never recall not having reflux (even as a kid) and now nada, 5 years... not an ounce of heart burn even.

Best wishes in your research and I hope you have a similar outcome as I did.
~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

dmich
on 6/26/11 12:01 pm
Thanks. Im just really afraid of thr RNY surgery after reading the post about the dumping syndrome and loose bowl movements. It seems like there are so many things that go wrong with that surgery. How did you guys do with it?
Eggface
on 6/26/11 1:25 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
No complications whatsoever...

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-before-after-weight-loss-surgery.html

I've dumped 3 times in 5 years, puked 3 times, BM have never had an issue... unless I had a virus/flu then just typical few days till antibiotics kicked in, not WLS related.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics