Poll: How much do you exercise?

Lisa R.
on 6/27/11 2:56 am - CA
 OK, I have wanted to ask this question for a while, but was a bit afraid because I was not doing my best with the exercise.  But now I am doing well with it and want to know what others are doing to keep active.  So, list what you do, how long you do it, how many days a week you do it and what results you get from it...

I do 40 minutes of glider at the gym and 10 to 15 minutes of weights 5 x's a week.  If I am good and keep this up I get about 3lbs off a week.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
DisneyLover
on 6/27/11 3:09 am - WI
I have been a gym slacker for the past month, but it is finally nice out so I have been out with the kids doing activities.
Before my slacking I was doing 45 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of weights 5xweek.  I will get back to that point.

Sarah

curvaceousdiva
on 6/27/11 3:12 am - Hyattsville, MD
outside of walking to subway and home I dont do any formal exercise at all to be honest.
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
nanj
on 6/27/11 3:16 am, edited 6/27/11 3:18 am - MA
I do nothing...I want to but I'm so darned tired..I'm busy with kids (daycare provider) and housework, but by the time I have some time for me I'm out of energy. I'm 7 1/2 weeks post-op . When will I get the big energy surge everyone talks about?  Also, My monthly cycle is sooo messed up.  Have felt like I was going to start any minute for the past 3 weeks, but nothing. Is this normal??

Jeanine J.
on 6/27/11 3:17 am
I am not cleared for anything strenuous yet but I do 1 hr of walking daily. When I am cleared I plan on starting running (1 hr)  3 x week, 30 minutes of weights daily and Water Aerobics 2x week and walking 3x week. My plan is to Run for an hr then walk for an hour for my cool down. Then use my home weights. On the days that I don't run/walk I will do my water aerobics!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
lynnc99
on 6/27/11 3:22 am
I consider a good week of exercise 5 to 7 hours at the gym. I do water aerobics, jazzercise, and a variety if other classes 1 I definitely work harder in a class than on my own.
Tonya0531
on 6/27/11 3:24 am - Lake, MS
I'm 9 weeks out.  I just joined the gym a little over a week ago but didn't start going until last week.  I'm planning on doing it at least 4-5 times a week.  I do 35 minutes on the treadmill walking as fast as I can.  I did a whole ONE MINUTE on the elipitcal.  I might get a whole minute and a half today.  That thing kills me.  I had places burning in that minute that should not burn!!!  Anyway, it will be a gradual increase.  Before the gym, I was walking 5 days a week at home for 45 minutes.
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
msromagnola
on 6/27/11 3:29 am
For the first 7 months after surgery I walked 30 minutes a day 3 times a week.    After that I joined a gym and go 3 times a week and stay for about 45 minutes.  I change up  between weight training, bike, treadmill and elliptical machine.  Sometimes I've swam - only twice; and once I took the zumba class.  I'm doing the Couch to 5 K week one this week - we'll see how this goes?

I started the gym because  my weight loss slowed and I got concerned about gaining it back.  I haven't gained any back and lost a little more since then so I guess that's what it has done for me.  Now, I use the gym as a stress reliever as well.  It's a good transition between work stress and home stress.  I like to listen to the  music on my ipod and tune out everything else.

MSROMAGNOLA
laura_vermont
on 6/27/11 3:30 am
Not as much as I should.  I just started going to a dance class - 1X a week (HARD - seriously difficult - my stomach still hurt 3 days later).  Other than that, just walking.  I've been struggling with my energy level since my plastics in March -- I had been doing 5X a week on the treadmill for a minimum of 2 miles @ max incline.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Katari
on 6/27/11 3:35 am - OR
I run a 5k at least 3 days a week sometimes 5. I walk everywhere (even to the grocery store when I only need a couple of things). I go hiking on the weekends (or try to). I should do more strength training, and hope to start that now that i've found my handweights for home. I jump on the trampoline with the kids. Anything to keep my active! Hoping to really get into Kayaking this summer, or at least this fall! Rafting on the lakes with the kids. Bike riding. Swimming.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views