Going to the movies 8 days post op- worried about smells!!

Sillycar
on 6/24/11 8:50 am
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are about to go out to see Cars 2 (yes we are big kids). I am a little worried about smells and not having anything to snack on. Have I ever been to the movies without a snack?? My doc keeps us on liquids for two weeks post op so no soft foods or anything like that yet. I guess I will just bring a protein shake... if they'll let me! Ugh I just CANNOT wait until I can at least have mashed
beans or something!! Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Holly

Laura A.
on 6/24/11 9:00 am - Manteca, CA
Yes, welcome to life after WLS...  looking back, I now wonder why I always thought I needed to eat while at the movie, bowling, watching baseball games, or most anything else I always focused on the food part, not the activity part.......

You will probably find that too...

Remember the main purpose of your outing is to spend time with your husband and see the movie...stay focused and you'll be fine...

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Dee2011
on 6/24/11 9:07 am - PA
I went to the movies with my son when I was 5 days out.  The theater would not permit anything to come in from the outside.  We bought a bottle of water for $5 and I had a container of MIO in my purse so I added some to the water to make it peach tea.  I was fine.  In fact didn't even get throught the whole bottle during the movie.  Good Luck!
redheadjean
on 6/24/11 11:48 am - Canton, MI
Just smuggle in a protein drink in your purse.  I bring my own stuff all the time.  I think I had a yogurt or something in my purse the first time I went after my surgery.  I still bring my own stuff in my purse now.  Yes, why do we think we have to eat during the movie?  Yes, the smells make me want popcorn, but I know I'll feel like crap if I eat a bunch of carbs.  I can also bring a protein bar with me for a snack, or sugar free candy. 
Jean  
tydephan
on 6/24/11 12:39 pm
We took our kids to see Kung Fu Panda 2 about 8 days after my surgery. The smells sucked, because I was a big popcorn eater before.

Just view it as a challenge and think of how great you will feel when you leave the theater knowing you're the boss. ;-)
Sillycar
on 6/24/11 1:25 pm
Thanks everyone so much for your words of wisdom. I survived the movie. Actually, when we walked into the theater, I heaved because the smell of the butter and whatnot was so overwhelming. My sense of smell is out of control since surgery. I could smell everything... the tomato sauce on a personal pizza nearby, the corn grains in people's nachos... it was actually gross. I smuggled in an atkins ready to drink mocha shake and I was satisfied with that. BTW Cars 2 was great!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views