Bladder Infection

EthelMae
on 6/20/11 3:15 am - MD
Just what I've always wanted.

Could this problem be realted to too much protein?  I know I have not been getting in all the liquids I need and am aware that this probably added to it.

Other than the horse sized pills I'm taking any suggestions?  I tried light cranberry juice, bu****ered that down due to the sugar grams.

Thanks.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/20/11 3:23 am
Most likely due to not enough water r- dehydration.
Instead of cranberry juice - use cranberry pills - caps. No sugar and easy to take. I use them all the time. And have a real strength to it. Also - start taking probiotics. Pills. the amount in yogurt are not enough.
And drink water. Lots of water.   avoid sugar - any sugar.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Heidi L.
on 6/20/11 6:45 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Some of us are just prone to UTIs. In order to not get a UTI I have to drink at least 64 ounces if not more. Go for the cranberry capsules or the chewables.

Next time you have a catheter placed ask them if you have a kink in your urethra. That will also make it harder to wash the bacteria out when you urinate.

Pre-op  260.8#...Surgery 242#...Current 190#...Lowest 166#...Goal 155.8#

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 316 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 57 views