Smart One's???

danigirl62000
on 5/27/11 1:18 pm
I am just over 2 months out and I am wondering if anyone has tried the turkey and mash potatoes Smart One's by weigh****cher's? If so I was wondering how much I should be eating from one of these meals.
 Let Go and Let GOD!!     
jkjstars123
on 5/27/11 10:40 pm - Tama, IA
You need to really read the labels on everything. How many calories, how many carbs and how much protein??  Also these types of dinners can sometimes be loaded with salt.
I would think it is ok to eat them occasionally but it is better to just eat non prepackage food.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Laura in Texas
on 5/27/11 10:50 pm
I eat Smart Ones all the time.  When I first started, a few months post-op, I could eat about a third of a meal.  By the end of my first year, I could eat half, and by 1.5-2 year post op, I could eat the whole thing.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

siberiancat
on 5/27/11 11:20 pm - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Kinda depends on your philosophy of nutrition. I try to eat "clean" (unprocessed) and raw, organic as much as possible.

Most canned food and frozen dinners have chemicals added to increase shelf life - not to give you the healthiest nutrition. (It is about profit, not health of us Americans.)

There is sugar and salt as well as other preservatives added - so "for me" I would only have them rarely, if at all.  I also don't eat white flour, white sugar, white potatoes, white rice, pasta, junk food or fast food.  Most of them are calorie dense - nutrition poor.  I stick with protein first, then fresh (or fast frozen) vegetables and fruit and some whole grains.

This is my choice and has worked well for me.  I no longer crave carbs.

You know what foods trigger you to want to indulge in.  Stay away from them as they can sabotage you weight loss efforts.  Best wishes in finding what works for you.

Convenience is not that important to me.  Nutrition and health come first.  I don't bring simple carbs in the house, pack my meals for work and always carry protein bars, protein snacks, raw almonds with me so I have something to hold me over in case a meal gets delayed.  Plus, I can always stop at a grocery store and buy veggies, fruit, cheese, meat, yogurt ,etc instead of driving into fast food.

Remember this is a journey of making the next right CHOICE.  Be accountable and take advantage of the "honeymoon period" by detoxing yourself of carbs and junk.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

jenbear
on 5/28/11 4:48 am - hagerstown , MD
mabe im crazy.... but i believe those type of programs like weigh****chers and their little meals they come up with are a plan to keep you comming back for more, hahahah, if you know what i mean.  It seems like weigh****cher people always loose, but always gain right back.  They gotta keep making there money somehow!  Smart one's are good but if you were to look on the back of the box, nothing about it really follow the way we are supposed to eat.  Im just sayn hahahah
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 233 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 63 views
Recent Topics