My first dumping

Lisa R.
on 5/23/11 4:58 am - CA
 I am 3 weeks out today.  It has been a journey to day the least, but I get better everyday.

At 1 week out my surgery up'ed my diet to soft proteins, so I have been sticking to his list of what I can  have.  Yesterday I went off the list and ate one tb spoon of peanut butter, I thought it would be ok because it was a soft food with high protein.

About an hour later I was dumping.  My questions is, I still don't feel that good 24 hours later is that normal?  Should I take it easy after dumping (I so hate that term).  Will I always dump peanut butter or maybe try it again much later on?  Was it the fat in the peanut better that caused the dumping?

It is all so new still.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
nomoresugar
on 5/23/11 5:17 am
Typically dumping is fairly dramatic, sweats, pain, nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhea.  The fat and or sugar in peanut butter could have been indigestible.  You can leave it, or make sure the pb you use is no sugar added.  Hope you feel better.
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/23/11 5:38 am
Most peanut butter is not that high in sugar (2 -3 g per 2 TB serving).  But it is high on fat.  My guess is you dumped because of the fat not the sugar.

Winnie

tgrajales08
on 5/23/11 6:01 am
Maybe you could of dumped or maybe not something like that happen to me when i was like 4 weeks post op i got sick and was throwing up but now i am 11 weeks post op and i can eat it with no problem with some whole wheat crackers so good luck i would try it again just give it like another month ;-)
H.A.L.A B.
on 5/23/11 6:05 am
1. If I dump - it takes me 2-3 days to feel "normal" again. Even  now.
2. PB is really dense fat - food. Eventually you will be able to eat it again - most likely.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

robynlynnm
on 5/23/11 6:12 am - Westminster, MD
When I tried PB in a protein shake, OMG I felt horrible for hours.  It made me feel so bad that I won't even do shakes anymore.  I have been getting my protein via isopure or muscle milk & food.  I am 7 weeks out tomorrow.  Good luck :-)

Michellem8991
on 5/23/11 7:00 am - CT
I have been dumping on meats lately. Beef, pork, turkey. I think its the fat thats getting me too. It sucks to be sick.

Lisa R.
on 5/23/11 11:03 am - CA
 Gosh, i hope that doesn't happen to me!  I don't want to be a dumper!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views