I Feel Like I Am Dumping

Ladytazz
on 5/8/11 6:22 pm
I have experienced dumping before when I accidental bought some sugar free syrup that wasn't sugar free.
Well, tonight I feel that same way.  I kind of felt that way last night, too, but not as bad.
My before bedtime snack for the last week or so has been my variation of a recipe I found on Bariatric Foodie, which was her Cadbury creme eggs.  I take some Greek yogurt, some cottage cheese, protein powder, sugar free pudding mix, Splenda and sugar free syrup and mix it in the blender until smooth.  It comes out kind of like a pudding type dessert.  I top it with some sugar free Cool Whip and sugar free chocolate sauce.  Like I said I have been having it for at least a week.  I tend to get into ruts with my food and stick with the same things every day until something else strikes my fancy.
Anyway, last night I felt kind of sick after I had it but not terrible.  Just a little queasy.  Didn't think too much of it.
Tonight was much worse.  It feels almost exactly the way I did when I dumped.  Enough so that I checked out everything I put in it to double check there was nothing with sugar in it.   Nothing different then I have had all week.  Could it be the lactose?  I did add a little low fat milk to thin it out so it would blend but I haven't had any problems with milk before now.  I would think it was a coincidence except that I felt kind of weird last night, too.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 6:54 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Do you have a glucose meter??  Use that to check your glucose level when  you have an episode like this;  I myself get RH when I get to about 65 or 70.  

It might be the milk, but there's no way to tell without elimination of milk from your recipe.

Good luck.
Ladytazz
on 5/9/11 5:16 am
I do have a glocuse meter.  I didn't even think to use it I was so out of it.  I will if this happens again.  Thanks.

TamaraL
on 5/8/11 9:19 pm
Even though there are natural sugars in the greek yogurt I occasionally get that same feeling.  I am not sure it is my blood sugar or I am having a mild case of dumping.  Try to take your blood sugar and see what it is when you get that funny feeling. 

hedrider
on 5/9/11 4:25 am - Midlothian, TX
Could you have overdone it on sugar alcohols in addition to the lactose?
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Ladytazz
on 5/9/11 5:17 am
I just use a small amount but I will try it without and see if it happens.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views