XP: Deactivating

Amy R.
on 5/3/11 8:56 pm
Post Date: 5/4/11 1:27 am
Last Edit: 5/4/11 1:28 am
Why do members de-activate?  It seems like we've had a LOT of that lately.  What is it?  Are we running people off?

If you've de-activated and are back on as a different  username, would you mind sharing your story?  If you HAVE NEVER de-activated ANYWHERE, would you share your thoughts too?

I don't de-activate.  I mess up sometimes but I try to take my lumps and not run away ~ it's important to me to build a reputation and the only way to do that is to stay.  I just don't get this.

Oh, and NO FUNNY STUFF FROM YOU MS CAL CULATOR!!!!!  LOL!!!   I can just see your brain working right now as your trying to pull up your favorite "de-activated member" pictures while editing your snappy comebacks    =)

ETA:  Actually, go ahead Sue!  I was j/k I hope you know that.  And I can't wait to see what you have up your, uh, sleeve.......

siberiancat
on 5/4/11 1:08 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I think sometimes people are looking for enablers.  Someone to condone their conduct.  If it is unhealthy or seems unwise to me - I usually don't respond to those posts.

There are those that would seem not to read todays or yesterdays posts and just "jump" on and ask their question.  That attitude seems kinda selfish to me.  Sometimes the same question was just asked a few posts previously.  I don't respond to those posts either.

There are those, it would seem by the questions they ask, that they don't do any reading, research, call their own docs or nutritionists first, but just pop in and out and dissapear until they have another question.  They don't become part of the community.  Reminds me of a person who asks you how to spell a word, but won't bother to look it up for themselves in a dictionary.  Personal responsibility is a big part of being successful with your weight loss journey - IMHO.

I have never blocked of de-activated.  I have found OH to be very helpful.  If I think I may say something hurtful, because I'm irked - I usually just ignore the post.

That's just me.  I'm not seeking attention and don't want to enable those that are.  I only read and post on RNY, Main board & Plastic surgery board - so can only speak to those.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

lynnc99
on 5/4/11 1:41 am
I"ve only seen a few people deactivate over the past couple of years.

Yes, some wanted enablers or people to listen to endless whining and manipulation. And it didn't work on a support board.

Some choose to be offended by something that is said, and need to have "the last word."

And I do believe that on occasion, the person wants others to jump in and beg them to stay.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views