I know this has been asked before, traveling and food.

skabets112
on 5/2/11 7:54 pm
Hey everyone, I want to say thank you in advance for taking your precious time to answer this question.

I'm traveling to Poland in 2 weekends for a mission trip, and I'm wondering what all I should bring for food. The people we're going to help will provide food, however, I was informed that it's alot of potato potato potato. Now, I'll probably eat a little bit of the potato, but I obviously don't want to eat just potato for lunch and dinner (they provide a typical european breakfast: boiled eggs, bread and lunch meat). So far on my list, I'll be bringing beef jerky, clif bars(11 g protein), some atkins bars (10 g protein) and also some almonds.

I'm 4 months out and haven't had beef jerky yet, I was told that at 5 weeks I was allowed to have anything (in moderation, avoiding things with HIGH fat). Do you think it'd be okay to try beef jerky? 

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

lynnc99
on 5/2/11 9:03 pm
There are bars with higher protein content, such as Pure Protein bars. Even some Atkins bars are higher than 10 gm. Personally I steer clear of cliff bars because of the sugar content, but you know what you can tolerate.

Be sure to try jerky before you plan on relying on it for your trip. I just don't like it much, plus it is very hard to chew to the point where I feel I can swallow it safely...therefore I get very little of it in a sitting and don't benefit much from the protein.

I would suggest prepackaging some protein powders that can mix with water as well.

Debbiejean
on 5/2/11 10:20 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Yep, you should be able to handle beef jerky...just chew! and chew some more.
Other things I take on trips with me are nuts, fresh fruit and the Clif bars. Love those Clif bars!
I do remember at 4 months that I would have to peel my apple, couldn't handle the skin.
Have fun on your trip.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views