a few questions almost 2 weeks out

CassandraRD
on 5/1/11 11:36 pm - Plover, WI

I need some good food/meal options for the purred diet so far all i have eaten is blended tuna, FF cottage cheese and apple sauce, and that is getting really boring real fast.
Also, how long after surgery did you wait to start driving again? my Doc didn't give me any guidelines to that and I am off all the pain medication

thanks for all your advice :

HW/359 S/W328 GW/180  
RNY 04/20/2011          
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 11:47 pm - SC
I was told 2 weeks and when I'm not taking pain meds anymore to drive.  I drove for the first time right at 2 weeks out.  As far as foods, try making some protein pudding.  You just make Sugar Free pudding and add your favorite flavor protien powder to it.  It's like a dessert plus it gives you that extra kick of protein.  I haven't been able to do apple sauce without getting sick.  Even the unsweetened has too much sugar for my pouch I guess.  You could also do refried beans with cheese on top, yum!  Great source of protein.   You can try pureeing some of your favorites too like chili, soups and certain meats.  This stage will be over before you know it.  I know it's boring, but it does pass.
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 3:24 am - TX
refried (fat free) beans with cheese, greek yogurt (plain) mixed with sugar free jelly and a truvia packet, cottage cheese with salt and pepper and a teaspoon of mild salsa, string cheese, cream soup (low fat ones), egg salad, chicken salad (both with ff mayo and maybe pickle juice and salt and pepper), scrambled eggs pureed with a tad of cheese.
nduke39
on 5/2/11 7:01 am - FL

My surgery was 4/21 and I have been driving for several days now, as long as no pain meds you should be fine.   Hummus is also good.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views