Who would you choose for plastics? Cross post

scalingback1
on 4/25/11 2:55 pm - Mashpee, MA
   Hi everyone.  First of all, thanks to everyone for being so generous and forthcoming in sharing your expertise, experience and pictures, you rock!
I am researching plastics for summer 2012(probably)  I am 16 pounds from goal and want to give my body a chance to settle in and maintain.
I live in an RV and am traveling around the U.S.  Since I can go pretty much anywhere, I am interested in where/who you all would recommend.  Money is a definite consideration- I will be paying out of pocket.  I have read some areas of the country are less expensive than others. 

The good news and the bad news-I have too many choices! 
Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out, it really means a lot to me!

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

Ladytazz
on 4/25/11 3:31 pm
You might want to post this on the plastics board.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

lynnc99
on 4/25/11 9:43 pm
FYI, when I have gone to the plastics forum link....there is no forum there! It's happened more than once!
scalingback1
on 4/26/11 1:44 am - Mashpee, MA
Thanks for the FYI Lynn, I posted it on the plastics and the light weights board.  Funny, most of the responses are not from the plastics board.  Thanks for taking time to respond!

scalingback1
on 4/26/11 1:42 am - Mashpee, MA
Thanks Ladytazz, I posted it there first.  Cross posted it to hopefully get a better response.

laura_vermont
on 4/25/11 10:34 pm
Many people go to Mexico.  So far, I've only had my tummy done (pics in profile) -- my dr. quoted $9500 for self-pay.  I'm looking at thighs next, probably self-pay, at $8300.  I had Dr. Emily Ridgeway at Dartmouth Hitch**** Medical Center in Lebanon, NH.  She was absolutely wonderful and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

scalingback1
on 4/26/11 1:41 am - Mashpee, MA
Thank you for sharing Laura.  You look wonderful!  I'm from MA and NH would feel a bit like going home.  Those prices don't seem too bad either.  I cannot be sure what I will need yet, but probably a lower body life and thighs too.  The scarring from the thighs and arms makes me nervous, but would have to be better than all this wrinkly skin!

sonnieN
on 4/25/11 11:20 pm - grand rapids, MI
From my experience and reading other's post about cost the Mid-west and smaller cities have the best prices. Any time you go to a major metropolitan area you'll find higher prices. As well as the East coast as their prices are generally higher than the mid-west and California. That being said I live in Grand Rapids MI which is becoming a big medical community w/ a lot of focus on building better hospitals. I worked w/ the surgeon who is in my RNY surgeons office. It's a smaller practice w/ only one PS and since he shares office space I believe he can keep his prices down. For all of my work (which was everything - LBL, Brachio, Thigh lift and BL/BA) I paid just over 23k whi*****luded hospital stays and all. His office will also work w/ your insurance company to see if any of the TT can be covered.

Good luck in finding the right surgeon for you.
scalingback1
on 4/26/11 1:52 am - Mashpee, MA
Thank you Sonnie. 
I am from the East Coast and have spent a bit of time in CA and that is my thoughts on the prices too.  And since I can go pretty much anywhere.....
Everything you had done is on my wish list.  What a wonderful price!  Did you have the outcome you expected?  Any regrets?  A lot of questions but I am grateful for anything you are willing to share.  Would you mind sending me the name of your PS?  I am going to send you a friend request and you can PM if you would.

sonnieN
on 4/26/11 2:07 am - grand rapids, MI
my surgeon was Dr. Andrew Livingston. I have absolutely no regrets. He was a great Dr. and his staff is nothing but helpful.  I have very minimal scarring and love the results. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Most Active
Recent Topics