Will I ever be able to CHUG water????

danigirl62000
on 4/9/11 5:53 am
I used to love water and still do. The only problem is I'm about 3 weeks out and it seems like every time I take a sip it is too much and I feel bloated. I do get in enough water I just feel yucky all day long. I wish I could drink water like I used to. Will I ever be able to drink a lot at one time with out feeling bloated???
 Let Go and Let GOD!!     
Hope V.
on 4/9/11 6:00 am - MN
Yes you will. I know it is frustrating I am bout 5 months out and I could only take little sips at first but now I can take about a 1/2 gulp and even drink via straws

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/9/11 6:30 am - OH
Most people are eventually able to "gulp" without any problem.  Keep in mind, though, that no matter how far out you are, drinking too much too fast will cause the liquid to back up into your esophagus until some of it can drain out!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kevinj
on 4/9/11 6:30 am - NY
I am 4 and half months out and can drink 3 large swallows at a time and can get a 20 oz water down in about 20 minutes. It gets better.

msromagnola
on 4/9/11 7:04 am
I have always loved drinking lots and lots of water - especially on a day like today - working outside when it's HOT!

This was my major fear pre surgery and right after - thinking I might be thirsty.  My doc even told me I would no longer be able to do more than sip, sip, sip.  So, I made up my mind that I would just sip constantly!  :)

However- turns out I can chug water the same now as I did pre surgery.  I can drink a 16 oz glass in just a few seconds if I'm really thirsty - with no discomfort, nothing. 

MSROMAGNOLA
Toni70
on 4/9/11 1:19 pm - Hampton, GA
WOW!!  I can't even imagine that right now but I look forward to at least getting a bottle down in less than an hour.  Some days I feel like I am dehydrating.
NIXMOMMIE
on 4/9/11 8:03 am - NC
Im one siminar a Dr told us that there is a secret to this WLS phenomana. The nasty, terrible effects wear off after a while. Not two days, mmore like 2 years. This is the time you should need to learn how to utilize your tool to it full capacity. Happy eating and drinking and sipping.

msromagnola
on 4/9/11 10:57 pm
Amen to this.  My first 6 months I pressed and pressed to be "be able to eat".  If I would have just realized what was to come and lost an extra 22 pounds!  :) 

MSROMAGNOLA
Laura in Texas
on 4/9/11 11:36 pm
Yes.  I chug and chug a lot.  Haven't had any problems. Patience, grasshopper!! 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Katari
on 4/9/11 11:38 pm - OR
Some chug, some don't chug. I don't chug. I still find it completely PAINFUL if I drink to much to fast (especially if it's cold!).
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 296 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views