protein drinks

cynthialee4
on 3/26/11 9:26 pm - RI
i am on my preop and like the EAS drinks, the ones that come prepared from the store. I read the ingredients and they are in the requirements from my dr. for pre op. I am wondering what else I can buy for protein shakes? I like the convenience of the premade ones, but the bigger containers will be cheaper. Not quite sure what type to buy. 4/6/11 is my date, and I am worried about what I need to get for when I come home. I know that I need to sip on fluids and protein. Do they give me a list or something in the hospital to help me figure it all out? Sorry if this is confusing, I have tried to figure it out but I think I am just nervous about getting it all right. I'm glad that I can get protein in by means of cottage cheese, etc. after, so I guess I just need ideas on shhakes. I have tried a few fruity ones from the office but I don't really like the smell or taste of them now. Can I eat like cottage cheese or sf pudding with protein powder mixed in? I'm so worried and confused! I love this site, and am so glad that i am not alone in this!!

poet_kelly
on 3/26/11 10:23 pm - OH
The hospital might give you a list but might not.

Go to vitalady.com and order a whole bunch of samples to see what you like.

Yeah, you can mix protein powder in anything it will mix in, like pudding, yogurt, mashed potatoes (unflavored for that), etc.  Just don't put too much in or it starts to taste like sand.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sullysmom
on 3/26/11 11:22 pm
Costco has a good premix, chocolate and vanilla.  Warm chocolate tastes just like hot chocolate (1 min in micro).  11oz, 30gms PRO, 3gm fat, 1 gm sugar, 160 cals.  Two shakes have 50% of calcium requirement.  I had a hard time w/powder postop when I put it in the blender, terrible gas pain.  Mixing by shaking might be better.  When I got the costco shakes I liked them enough to stick w/them.

poet_kelly
on 3/26/11 11:37 pm - OH
Is it calcium citrate?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 322 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 308 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 81 views