NSV... kinda odd

bunnyandbubby
on 3/25/11 12:54 pm - Henderson, NV
 I went to the jewelry store to have my ring resized today... pre-op, I wore a size 12.5.  Today, I had to have my ring resized to a 6.5!    I couldn't believe how much my fingers have shrunk!

That's not the odd part, though.  The last ten pounds or so, I've noticed that my fingers have........deflated.  Like sad, sad little balloons.  The kind of little balloons that make balloon animals.

Sometimes it's the little things, ya know?
ANDREA 

HW 290/GW 159 (reached 2/19/11)/CW 142

Smileygrl810
on 3/25/11 1:05 pm
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Little things are usually the best things! Happy for you!!!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
Cherylkas
on 3/25/11 2:01 pm - PA
 Congrats! 

I can not wait till I can wear my rings again.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Suite1
on 3/25/11 2:17 pm - Dayton, OH
That's so funny you mentioned your fingers.  I was out tonight and thought I had something on the side of my finger.  I was struck by how much smaller they are, especially from top to bottom when looking at them from the side.  Deflated is a good word.    My rings are loose but nothing like what you're talking about.    I figured I wait until I've lost everything, plus try getting through the summer before having them resized.   My hands used to swell a lot in the heat, but without all the additional padding, I'm not sure what it'll be like this summer.  I've noticed I no longer sweat like I used to.
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

bunnyandbubby
on 3/25/11 2:23 pm - Henderson, NV
I've noticed that I don't sweat in my hands much now either... thank goodness!  

In junior high I was really big too (over 300 pounds at age 12 - yikes!) and my hands would sweat so much that I would leave big, wet handprints on my desk at school.  I got so desperate that one night I coated my hands in deodorant, wrapped them in saran wrap, and slept with these big mitts on all night.  Didn't fix it, needless to say, and it was interesting trying to explain to my mom why I stole her kitchen mitts.

My new problem is the excess finger skin.  My fiance likes to flick it.  He thinks it's hysterical.  We always joke that we are going to ask the plastic surgeon about a fingerskin-ectomy when we go for a consultation someday.  LOL.

ANDREA 

HW 290/GW 159 (reached 2/19/11)/CW 142

mandajolyn
on 3/25/11 2:59 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I love the little NSVs!!! 
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

nicole2811
on 3/26/11 2:02 am
 I'm 6 weeks out and my rings go flying everywhere. So scared I'm going to lose them. I think i was a size 9. 

Michele816
on 3/26/11 7:09 am
 I can't even wear my rings anymore; not even my wedding ring.  They are so loose they just fall off.  No idea what size I am at the moment, but I don't want to resize them until the weight loss is done.  I do miss wearing my wedding ring! 

Carebearny1999
on 3/26/11 1:44 pm - Rochester, NY
My rings are white gold--I bought a smaller silver plain band to hold my wedding ring on--of course that only works with a 1-2 size difference...
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 308 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 328 views