Hurtful Comment

katsparks
on 3/24/11 7:45 am - Auburn, CA
So, I started this journey at 270 the day of surgery. I am almost 11 months out (the 27th of this month) and I am down to 136. I have gone from being super morbidly obese to NORMAL! WOO HOO!!! I have literally worked my ass off.

So, here is the story...my husband has a friend. His name is Rob. Rob weighs about 500lbs but would never have surgery because that is the easy way out. Anyway, Rob called my husband because he is out of food & money. I end up going over to Rob's house last night after work to give him some groceries and some cash to help pull his through until he gets his pension check. He is asking me about my weight loss, etc. Then he asks me how much I currently weigh. I tell him. He then proceeds to tell me that I am on the high side of normal and says that I can probably stand to lose another 20 or so pounds. What the hell? Why would you even say that? I have serious esteem issues with my extra skin and I am so self conscious about it. He knows this. Now my head is all effed up because I just keep thinking that I still look overweight to people. It just really ****** me off! Am I being too sensitive?

SW:270         GW: 125         CW:104(and still losing)
New Goal Weight: Whereever my body feels most comfortable and stops losing.

Abdominoplasty with Dr. Scott Green: 10/11/11
libb23987
on 3/24/11 7:50 am - bridgeport, CT
yeah girl he just hating , forget him.dont let him take away from all ur hardwork and u should have told he could stand to lose 400 lbs
January 5th Changed my life forever    
hotairpeg
on 3/24/11 7:51 am - Amity, OR
OMG!  You are NOT being too sensitive!  You have worked so hard at your weight loss.  It's NOT the easy way out!!  It takes alot of work and pain to accomplish what you have done.  He's likely feeling sorry for himself.  Don't take in his bad attitude.  You are awsome and have done a wonderful job.  Keep up the good work.

monkmoses
on 3/24/11 7:53 am - Valyermo, CA
 Your there to help HIM out and he says something like that?  What a jerk!
Shamrockin
on 3/24/11 7:53 am
I think you look wonderful. You have to remember that when someone hurts us or says something that is inconsiderate or thoughtless, its about them - not us. This person you visited is likely in a very bad place emotionally and it is not uncommon for people are in a bad place to put others down to make themselves feel better. I always try to practice the 4 Agreements - a book by Don Miguel Ruiz that was featured several years back on Oprah. Very little of what others say that is negative or hurtful is about us - it is about the other person and if you can steel yourself and remember how far you have come, revel in the accomplishment of that and know that you have made a better life for yourself.
Keri Lorenz
on 3/24/11 7:54 am - CA
Sounds like he wants to make you feel bad because he is miserable himself.  Do not let his negative comments get to you.  All I have to say is, I hope to be you one day.  You go girl!! 
ohioh
on 3/24/11 8:02 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
Awww, how hurtful that must have been to you.  I'm sorry that happened!  I think he probably is so insecure and jealous of how well you have done and how great you look that he inappropriately said that to you.  Some people are not able to be happy for others (or at least graciously pretend to be). You are doing so well, and you look wonderful!!! Don't let him get into your head, instead try to realize that he is just insecure with himself.  Keep up the great work!!!!  
Koko10
on 3/24/11 8:04 am - NC
I agree with everyone else. He is miserable and he wants to make you feel bad because he is scared to take the steps that you took. He would rather put you down than do something for himself. I mean, you were taking him money and groceries and he had the nerve to insult you. Honey, you are good because I would have taken my money and my groceries and me and my extra "20 lbs" would have gone home! Don't let anyone take your joy or block your blessings. You have done well and I'm sure you look good.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

SimoneVSSimone
on 3/24/11 8:13 am - Minneapolis, MN
He is 400 pounds and he ask you to lose 20 more pounds Pffft!!! the nerve of people these days
dghansel
on 3/24/11 8:28 am - Albion, NY
You aren't being too sensative. You feel the way you feel and that is valid. Please know though that there are many people, like your husband's friend, that can only feel goodabout themselves when they are causing others pain. Please get him out of your head. You are incredible you have lost 136 pounds in less than a year and gained greater health.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 212 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 302 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 128 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?