flatout wrap chips

kristine V.
on 3/23/11 3:42 am - FL
i'm sure i'm not the first one to make this discovery but i tried something a little different last week! i sprayed a piece of aluminum foil with some olive oil nonstick cooking spray and put one of my flatout wraps on it, slice it up and then bake it for a few minutes. yuo end up with crispy chips that a great for dipping in just about anything!
  starting weight: 343 current weight: 273 goal weight: 143
waitinggame
on 3/23/11 4:04 am - Bowie, MD
I did a while back where I spray the actual wrap with the spray. On one I did garlic and sea salt and on another I did cinnamon and splenda. They were soooo good and sturdy too!

Always good to bring up these kinds of discoveries!!

Enjoy!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

kristine V.
on 3/23/11 4:07 am - FL
i haven't tried adding any seasonings yet but i definitely will try it!
Missy M.
on 3/23/11 4:05 am - Hibbing, MN
What temp would you bake them at?  Sounds perfect when I need the little extra crunch with my buffalo chicken dip or chili!!!!! Great idea :)

waitinggame
on 3/23/11 4:15 am - Bowie, MD
I broiled mine (with the rack 1/2 way down the oven) for about 2 or so minutes on each side. I keep the door open and keep an eye on them because they can go from perfect to burnt in seconds.

I made a super yummy taco salad and these would make awesome nachos!!

Buffalo chicken dip--I need that recipe. My friend is on purees and I can't find my copy.

Thanks!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

*6.5 lost preop

Missy M.
on 3/23/11 4:39 am - Hibbing, MN
Buffalo Chicken Dip (my favorite!)

2 cans of chunk chicken (I use Tyson brand, sometimes use 3 cans for extra protein)
2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese (I use low fat)
3/4 C of Franks hot sauce
1 C of Ranch dressing
1 1/2 C of cheddar cheese (I of course use more cheese too)
Throw it all in the crock and away you go!!! 
Amber L.
on 3/23/11 5:02 am - Sweden
I used to make the same dip but used frozen chicken breasts boiled and shredded. Instead of ranch, I used bleu cheese. For the cheese, I used 1/2 cup of bleu cheese crumbles and 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese. I mixed it all together and topped it with 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack and bake it in the oven.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

waitinggame
on 3/23/11 5:54 am - Bowie, MD
Awesome! Thanks!

*6.5 lost preop

Amy T.
on 3/23/11 8:09 am - CA
I love love love this, and eat it now (pre op).  So glad to know I can eat it later down the road!!!!!   So excited!

kristine V.
on 3/23/11 4:24 am - FL
i usually just broil it and keep my eye on it! it doesn't take more than a few minutes
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 300 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 289 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?