6 month doc appt....not sure if I am happy

Rides4me
on 3/22/11 4:02 am - Atlanta, GA

I have been off the forum bandwagon for awhile, and I feel it is directly proportional to my weight loss.  Lurker = Slow Weight Loss   Active Pontificator = Weight Melts Off

Anyways, I have been in the dreaded 6 month stall for about 5 weeks now.  My doc was very happy with my 73 lb weight loss, but I haven't seen the scales move much for a month.  Yes, I need to be exercising....  

I ask the doc what should my goal weight loss be when I come in for my one year appt in September.  After saying he hates to put numbers on it, he decided to walk me through it.  He says success of the surgery is if you lose 50% of your weight above you optimal number.  For me being 5'6", I should be 150lb which gave me a 150lb to lose.  He said 75lb is a success, which I am just about there, and he hopes I could lose 20-30 more pounds.  He wants me under 200.  For me, I was hoping to double that.  I guess it was hard to hear that he gave me 6 months to lose 30 more pounds.

Happy or not to be happy.....that is the question.

SW 301/CW 205/GW 150 
gallbladder removal and hernia repair 6/3/2011
poet_kelly
on 3/22/11 4:15 am - OH
While your doc may consider surgery a success if you lose 50% of your excess weight, many people do lose more than that.  My goal was to have a normal BMI - and my surgeon agreed with that goal.  I ended up losing more than she said she thought I should, though my BMI is still in the normal range, it's just toward the lower end.  And yes, I realize not everyone thinks BMI is the greatest indicator of health, and that may be - but it's a simple thing for me to go by.

I lost more than 30 pounds in the second six months.  Just 'cause I did, certainly doesn't mean every does.  But you could too.

I also stalled the entire sixth month out.  But then I went on to lose a lot more.

Kelly
sunnydelightinpa
on 3/22/11 5:13 am - Dawson, PA
I think you will definately double that 30 lbs in the next 6 months.  All you have to do is start doing more exercises.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views