I had my revision on Feb 1st

LeAnn S.
on 2/4/05 2:21 am - Tulsa, ok
I had my revision this past Tuesday. My surgeon is Dr Kenneth Warnock in Wichita Falls Tx. I was released from the hospital on Thursday into the hospital guest house. My surgeon will not allow me to go back to Tulsa just yet because it is 250 miles from here. He wants me here in case something goes wrong. He resected my intestine and made my pouch and stoma much smaller. He said my original pouch was too big which is why my gb failed. I am so glad I got Dr Warnock. He is ranked in the top 25 gb surgeons in the entire country. Way way up there when you consider the thousands of gb surgeons we have in the US. I was told he has only lost three patients and it has been years since he has lost anyone. He has never lost a revision patient. And he never has to perform a revision on any of his own patients. He has a lot of confidence and says that this time I will be very pleased. I met many of his gb patients because they were nurses at United Regional Hospital. They all has lost at least 100 lbs and one said he told her she lost too much. I wanted to share this info since a failed gb is so frustrating and I hope I have something helpful to say. God bless all of you getting ready to do this. Sheltone you are very near. I am praying for you.
F A.
on 2/4/05 6:30 am - TAYLORSVILLE, IA
I'm so happy you made it through the surgery OK!! (I knew you would!) I'm still a little wiped out myself - 2 weeks out - but I'm hoping this changes soon. I broke out in a bad case of facial shingles due to the stress of the surgery, which has set me back a little. I'm praying that all will be well with you and that you have a very speedy recovery - WE MADE IT!! Please keep in touch and let me know how you're doing - I wouldn't mind having a friend to travel this road with -
DeeDee
on 2/8/05 8:05 pm
I had my revision the day before you because of a staple line disruption. I understand the frustration of having to go through this process a second time and I told my surgeons to get it right because I don't want to be part of any Frequent Fixer Program! Good luck to you! DeeDee
Leronica S.
on 2/12/05 9:34 pm - IL
glad you made it thru! you are so right about having a failed gb being frustrating. i really thought it was just me. i kept beating myself up even though it had been 4 yrs and i'd been perfect then in year 5 poof stuff started to happen. in any event, i'm off for a revision, just not sure what to get. distal rny or ds. my surgeon says ds. i am conflicted, but have to do something soon as i have a horrible hiatal hernia and want them both fixed at once.
DIXIEANN F.
on 4/8/05 10:22 am - lithonia, GA
hi finally i found somebody that had a revision, i am having mine on April 15, 2005, I am very worried, but i wanted to know how the pain feel again, i had my vbg in 2000, then I started gaining weight back after I had my son in 2003, it have been so hard, I started feeling so depress all over again I was 260pd when I first had vbg done, I loss 85 pds, I was feeling so good then all of sudden I started gaining back now I am about 220pds, so that is why I made up my mind to do it again. please excuse any mispell words or any incomplete sentences I am just so upset.
Most Active